Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Cleaning up the Traxxis Rustler.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:53 AM
R/C10Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning up the Traxxis Rustler.

I picked this up last wekk along with A vintage RC10 and some other stuff. I Had to tighten and adjust just about everything on the truck. but I think she is cleaning up pretty nicely.. The first few pictures are before.
The rest of the pictures I took Today.. Enjoy.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cleaning up the Traxxis Rustler.

Looks way better now!

But i would have taken off the electrical tape on the wires to the ESC, something tells me it may not be soldered, but just wounded together. I would have investigated that! This will cause bad contact and making things run hotter than neccesary. And maybe change the contacts on the battery and ESC to Traxxas or Deans to get the best out of it.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:55 PM
R/C10Guy

I did check the wires and they are soldered together. I Removed the old Electrical tape that was on it. You can see the old tape in the first few pictures. The electrical tape that is on it now is new. I went over the whole truck thoroughly Everything seems to be in very nice shape. I do not have A Extra deans connector laying around or I would have changed it. Thanks for the comment.
ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

Looks way better now!

But i would have taken off the electrical tape on the wires to the ESC, something tells me it may not be soldered, but just wounded together. I would have investigated that! This will cause bad contact and making things run hotter than neccesary. And maybe change the contacts on the battery and ESC to Traxxas or Deans to get the best out of it.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, then it is all go I just had to comment it if it wasn't already done
Old 11-22-2010, 08:09 PM
R/C10Guy

Thanks again for the comment...[8D]