Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

help with a muffler mod-rc10gt team factory

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

help with a muffler mod-rc10gt team factory

Old 02-19-2011, 05:40 AM
pcolache
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with a muffler mod-rc10gt team factory

hi all,
car is up and running. thanks to all who helped. i have the stock blue pipe. i notice that newer set ups have some type of fitting on the hole in the side of the pipe, that the fuel line slips onit. i would like to set mine up like this, but dont know what to use. thanks
phil
Old 02-19-2011, 07:06 AM
schuttman

Location: m\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'boro, TN
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: help with a muffler mod-rc10gt team factory

What type of engine are you running, is it a pull start, side or rear exhaust, round port exhaust or oval type bolt on....
Old 02-19-2011, 08:01 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can probably JB Weld a nipple onto the existing pipe if you can get one of the nipples. My NTC3 has the same pipe in natural aluminum color, so it also spews oil all over itself.

You could also take your stock pipe into a hobby shop and see if they can either attach a nipple to it or find a similar pipe that has a nipple already attached.
ORIGINAL: schuttman

What type of engine are you running, is it a pull start, side or rear exhaust, round port exhaust or oval type bolt on....
That doesn't matter. All he's asking is if he can find a pipe with a nipple on it instead of a hole.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:20 AM
schuttman

Location: m\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'boro, TN

Ya it does matter, maybe he wants to get a complete new set up? maybe he just wants a new pipe that already has the nipple attatched, he was not 100% clear so there a few
different things he can do....
ORIGINAL: 378

You can probably JB Weld a nipple onto the existing pipe if you can get one of the nipples. My NTC3 has the same pipe in natural aluminum color, so it also spews oil all over itself.

You could also take your stock pipe into a hobby shop and see if they can either attach a nipple to it or find a similar pipe that has a nipple already attached.

That doesn't matter. All he's asking is if he can find a pipe with a nipple on it instead of a hole.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:28 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya it does matter, maybe he wants to get a complete new set up? maybe he just wants a new pipe that already has the nipple attatched, he was not 100% clear so there a few
The GT doesn't have a different muffler for different engine types. The header changes but not the pipe itself. Rear exhaust, side exhaust, pull or bump start, it's all the same exact pipe shape.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:01 PM
pcolache

thanks 378. your right. i just want to find a fitting for the hole. but if it helps its an os max-12cv-x. i'll keep looking. thanks
Old 02-19-2011, 04:43 PM
schuttman

Here are some different setups That came off of a GT2 that will fit on a GT, two different pipes, and two different headers.
ORIGINAL: 378

The GT doesn't have a different muffler for different engine types. The header changes but not the pipe itself. Rear exhaust, side exhaust, pull or bump start, it's all the same exact pipe shape.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18462.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1566663   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt60079.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1566664   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di10518.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1566665  
Attached Images  
Old 02-19-2011, 04:52 PM
schuttman

You will notice on the pipes their is a Associated pipe and a THS pipe both have been on a GT2, two different types one with a nipple and one with out.
You will also notice two different types of exhaust headers, one bolt on pull start, one held on with a spring non-pull start, so there is a difference, if you want to buy a after market pipe you can get somthing like the THS it has a fitting like you want,and slide it over the silicone boot and make sure you put a zip tie on real good. The THS pipe is made for a special header that has a special fitting for the pipe, but you can use it on the silicone boot so you don't have to buy a new header.

ORIGINAL: pcolache

thanks 378. your right. i just want to find a fitting for the hole. but if it helps its an os max-12cv-x. i'll keep looking. thanks
Old 02-20-2011, 12:23 PM
pcolache

i see ur pics, but i dont wanta buy anew setup. i would like to make my own mod to fit in my existing pipe to attach my fuel line to. something like a grease fitting would work if i could drill it out.
thanks
Old 02-20-2011, 05:03 PM
schuttman

Thats cool just remember that the grease fitting has to be hollowed out, you will have to get the tiney ball out of the end, the pipe has to pressurize the tank. I was showing you the pics so you can see what pipes are out there, and there are different types of pipes and headers. You can get pipes on e-bay shipped as cheap as $15, but totally understand the fact of doing it yourself.
The Aftermarket pipes will increase HP also.....
Old 02-20-2011, 05:22 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

The LHS should have fuel nipples if the zerk doesn't work. Just a couple bucks, Du-Bro and Sullivan have them, they are threaded and secure with a nut. Secure with JB Weld (preferred) or Loctite.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:37 PM
ASSOCIATED_DRIVER

I remember having same pipe (no nipple) on my GT, the tubing just goes in the hole and it works just fine.