Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Are People Crap Every where????

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 04:51 PM
DeferredDefect

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are People Crap Every where????

I agree, violence shouldn't be the answer. But sometimes, on occcasion, it is the only form of diplomacy that some understand. And that in itself is sad, but sometimes all the depraved understand.

It's true that he got his point across, but at what expense? The child will now have lost what could have been a positive roll model, something the OP had tried to be by giving him an RC model. The OP could now have a criminal record, and is still no further ahead. The father will continue to drink and gamble. 

Perhaps diplomacy could have established some sort of place to draw the line, or the OP could have continued his friendship with the child without the fathers influence?  Now all the child has to associate RC cars with are his fathers drinking and gambling and a violent attack. 

It's just unfortunate that he should have to go through this -  having a poor father was bad enough.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:57 PM
air mail rcu

OK I think we all know the Dad's a no good drunk that most of us would like to use as a punching bag. Got that. Most of us here will help anybody that wants it. Lets forget about the Dad for a minute and concentrate on the little boy. I would think the man that started this thread is going to see him again. What would be the next step in helping this boy in the future. Come on people lets be positive here and show how great the RC community really is. Common sense. Compassion. Cooperation. It's a little boys life we all can maybe make better. Maybe this is why we do what we do. To Help is a gift.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: SPLIT S

I skimmed through this pretty quick so let me know if I got anything wrong here. A guy gives his RC something to kid who he thinks could make good use of it. His father loses it gambling while drunk. Said father asks the guy who gave it to his son if he has any more RC stuff he can part with.

Correct so far?

OP punches the guy out for being a lousy dad.

And some of you find fault with the OP? The drunk dad's behaviour with relation to the RC gambling loss is probably just the tip of the iceberg. These are the people you read about a few years down the line that may have commted horrid acts that everyone who knew them says "oh, not him".

Felony assault. What pink panties some of us wear. And then to bring religion into it? The guy deserved to be clocked. You can debate until the end of time if it was moral or whatever, but the guy had what was coming to him. Would there may have been consequences for the OP, sure. We now live in a world where if you spill hot coffeee on your lap you can sue someone. Like we didn't know it was hot. We can sue the tobacco companies for getting cancer when we know that is the risk. Funny world it has become, hasn't it?

And then up comes "do unto others". Some of the slime that crawls the Earth, whether we like it or not, know no other justice. That's why we have, along with most of the rest of the world, a military. Because some just don't get it, and need it expained to them in very direct means. You can fill in your own examples of people through the years who "have deserved what was coming to them."

I agree, violence shouldn't be the answer. But sometimes, on occcasion, it is the only form of diplomacy that some understand. And that in itself is sad, but sometimes all the depraved understand.
Well said, my friend, well said...
Old 04-17-2011, 05:00 PM
plasma 327

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got home a read the post some more.. To sum it up from my point of view.. Earlier I explained how i was raised.. At some point enough is enough.. Now to all the bleeding hearts out there that never scratched a finger nail, THis was due this man!!! I did not sucker punch him.. I was looking him square in the eye's... I have no pent up anger or touched when i was younger, This ADULT gives excuses for all he has done.. No i do not know his history, but in my eyes his son learned accountability!!! There is a price to pay for ones actions...Our Society in my eyes is so weak minded most are sheep that need to be led and if they stray, oh i am sorry is sufficent.. IT IS NOT... He has now been held accountable... I am willing to bet this will stick with this man for the rest of his days.. I make no excuses nor do i apologize...
Old 04-17-2011, 05:01 PM
pahtreek

Wow, that's just a sad, sad story on so many levels. I am so glad I dont know any ****bags like that dad. Who the f would gamble with a kids toy that was given to them? Maybe a few prayers for that kid are in order, I doubt he has much of a chance in this world.

As for the punch, it used to be that men could be men. These days, women are shaping our society and behavior in adults and kids in school. If a bully hits a kid, the kid cant even fight back. All that kids learn is there are no consequences for their actions. Maybe the guys son learned a good lesson that day, but if he was young, it probably did more harm to his psyche than good.

Just my humble opinion....
Old 04-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Sigma.40

ORIGINAL: GraemeEllis

It's true that he got his point across, but at what expense? The child will now have lost what could have been a positive roll model, something the OP had tried to be by giving him an RC model. The OP could now have a criminal record, and is still no further ahead. The father will continue to drink and gamble.

Perhaps diplomacy could have established some sort of place to draw the line, or the OP could have continued his friendship with the child without the fathers influence? Now all the child has to associate RC cars with are his fathers drinking and gambling and a violent attack.

It's just unfortunate that he should have to go through this - having a poor father was bad enough.

Are ALL airplane guys "holier than thou" or just the ones on this thread?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:04 PM
DeferredDefect

I agree, minus the punching bag comment. That got the OP nowhere. 

The trouble is, the father is not going to be overly cheerful when talking about the OP to his son. As such, the son will be hearing endless negative propaganda against the OP and this will be associated with RC in general. I fear the child will probably be in a position that will force him to agree with his drunken father. 

It will be very difficult for the OP to ever get in contact with the son again. 
Old 04-17-2011, 05:09 PM
DeferredDefect

Sigma - Non sequitur, much? 

Old 04-17-2011, 05:12 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Good to see youre with the prison crowd on this one. Prison this, felony that, but its not. Check your laws. Misdemeanor, sure, a slap on the wrist, sure, Ive gotten several M-level assaults when I was younger. Had he kept pounding the guy into the ground, then sure, felony and prison time. But he didnt. If you have an opinion, fine, but blowing it out of proportion is no way to go about it.

ORIGINAL: The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: HimmlerHimself

To the OP- Well done. Nuff said. You have my support.

To the naysayers, the ''violence solves nothing'' crowd and the ''you did wrong!!!1!'' crowd- get a life. You wouldnt have hit the guy. Great on you! Thats YOUR choice! just the same as the OP's choice was to hitthe man. But to sit here and flame the guy for his choice? What ifwe sat here and did the same to you for NOT being the kind to break knuckles? Of course, with the shoe on the other foot your panties would be bunched so tight theyd cause arash. This COULD all be solved with ''Let's all be ADULTS and let differences go, not my choice not my problem, think I'll mind my own businessthen'',but that would entail expecting ''adults'' on an internetforum.

And to our little religionist?- Guess if ya read that bedtime storya little closer you wouldsee all the talk about not condemning, judging OR pushing religion onto your fellow man. As well as the parts about notbringing it out of the box in the manner you did.Fine tho, continue denying the word that which you wear as a false badge, and -if there is such a place- , I will see youin hell.
+1 for criminal activities that land you in prison. I MEAN WHO WOULDN'T SUPPORT THAT?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:19 PM
The Hedgehog

He got arrested for assault. Not blowing anything out of proportion. Unfortunately not all of us are down with misdemeanors.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:19 PM
moe7404

i have been around a while, and took some years to learn. before giving, loaning ect ANYTHING, STOP and think what could go wrong? or just cause i can should i?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:22 PM
air mail rcu

I agree, minus the punching bag comment. That got the OP nowhere.

The trouble is, the father is not going to be overly cheerful when talking about the OP to his son. As such, the son will be hearing endless negative propaganda against the OP and this will be associated with RC in general. I fear the child will probably be in a position that will force him to agree with his drunken father.

It will be very difficult for the OP to ever get in contact with the son again.
Maybe, maybe not. Hard to tell the future with boozers

I would think the dad is going to feel some guilt over this. Most drunks feel guilt for the things they do at some point. So he might buy the boy some piece of junk rc cheapo car that the boy might need help with. So back to the OP or the club for help. There still might be a way for the OP or someone he knows to help the little boy. Lets work up some suggestions just in case.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:29 PM
DeferredDefect

air mail rcu
- What about arranging for the boy to be brought to a local RC club? From here, he could at least meet some other RC drivers and become more comfortable interacting with everyone there, maybe even try out a few cars? Of course, this would be difficult for the OP to do, but maybe someone in the area could?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:39 PM
plasma 327

i am going to give it a few days to cool down.. I will go to get the boy to run and learn more about rc... I agree with postings in that i do believe he feels some sort of remorese and when i show up to take his son to the track his shock and awe will overwhelm him... Let me be clear... I feel no ill will towards this man nor do i hate him.. He has a problem he needs to seek help and guideance with.. He is an alchoholic... I feel all i did was hold him accountable... Him calling the law was expected, his wife straighting it out was not.. I feel the poor woman has been down this road before.. Maybe all their lives will change or maybe not..
Old 04-17-2011, 05:43 PM
DeferredDefect

Plasma - great to hear your course of action.  I trust you will be able to help the family out and make a real difference.

Best of luck and goodnight! 
Old 04-17-2011, 05:45 PM
air mail rcu

air mail rcu
- What about arranging for the boy to be brought to a local RC club? From here, he could at least meet some other RC drivers and become more comfortable interacting with everyone there, maybe even try out a few cars? Of course, this would be difficult for the OP to do, but maybe someone in the area could?
Graeme,

Yes that would be a great idea. The OP could have someone contact the mother and see if she could ride him out to the club. This way she would meet some of the drivers. Let the boy try some of the cars. Make him the center of attention. Just little things can make a real impression on kids. You don't have to do it every week. Just maybe a couple of times or even just once.

We are on the right track now. Come on everyone. What else?

Old 04-17-2011, 05:56 PM
sloppyG

I just love when people come around looking for sympathy, when in reality both parties have behaved poorly and shown bad behavior

problems are almost never entirely one parties fault
Old 04-17-2011, 05:59 PM
air mail rcu

ORIGINAL: plasma 327

i am going to give it a few days to cool down.. I will go to get the boy to run and learn more about rc... I agree with postings in that i do believe he feels some sort of remorese and when i show up to take his son to the track his shock and awe will overwhelm him... Let me be clear... I feel no ill will towards this man nor do i hate him.. He has a problem he needs to seek help and guideance with.. He is an alchoholic... I feel all i did was hold him accountable... Him calling the law was expected, his wife straighting it out was not.. I feel the poor woman has been down this road before.. Maybe all their lives will change or maybe not..
You might want to rethink that scenario Plasma. These guys don't think like normal people. Think about it. You punch out the old man. Now you show up and take his kid to go RCing. Best course of action have his mother bring him to the track and make sure she stays with him. Let her get to know you guys.

Drunks are mostly cowards so he won't confront you but he will make the boys life really bad. The wife seems to be able to control her husband to a degree. So let her be the between person. Hope it works out.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:00 PM
plasma 327

I Live in a neighborhood of about 20 or so homes.. I have a track out back behind my house which is why all the kids come around.. Some of them have their own rc's and some don't.. I have 3 that i let the less fortunate share. I help buy them fuel, part's, etc... Our locall track is about 5 miles away. I always take one a week to track for racing with me on Sunday which is where i was most of the day.. I took Paul with me today.. On the ride he ask me " Herd you punched Steve's dad for losing his rc... I said yes i did and tried my best to explain why i did so... Long story short, after my explaining he looks at me and says "Your cool Chip Not everybody would would do that for somebody thay hardly know" Then I realized if a 13 year old could understand what half of our country is missing out on there might be hope left...

air mail rcu,

You sound like a good person so if i may suggest, you too do what you are proposing and help if at all possible in your neighborhood..

Old 04-17-2011, 06:21 PM
electricrc68
Banned

I Live in a neighborhood of about 20 or so homes.. I have a track out back behind my house which is why all the kids come around.. Some of them have their own rc's and some don't.. I have 3 that i let the less fortunate share. I help buy them fuel, part's, etc... Our locall track is about 5 miles away. I always take one a week to track for racing with me on Sunday which is where i was most of the day.. I took Paul with me today.. On the ride he ask me " Herd you punched Steve's dad for losing his rc... I said yes i did and tried my best to explain why i did so... Long story short, after my explaining he looks at me and says "Your cool Chip Not everybody would would do that for somebody thay hardly know" Then I realized if a 13 year old could understand what half of our country is missing out on there might be hope left...

air mail rcu,

You sound like a good person so if i may suggest, you too do what you are proposing and help if at all possible in your neighborhood..

i wish i was in your neighborhood.....you seem like a nice guy. i have nobody to run rc with so im pretty much on my own when it comes to that.....

Old 04-17-2011, 06:24 PM
plasma 327

Sorry to hear that.. Nobody at all?? It's a shame you are so far i would be more than happy run with you..
Old 04-17-2011, 06:38 PM
air mail rcu

I Live in a neighborhood of about 20 or so homes.. I have a track out back behind my house which is why all the kids come around.. Some of them have their own rc's and some don't.. I have 3 that i let the less fortunate share. I help buy them fuel, part's, etc... Our locall track is about 5 miles away. I always take one a week to track for racing with me on Sunday which is where i was most of the day.. I took Paul with me today.. On the ride he ask me '' Herd you punched Steve's dad for losing his rc... I said yes i did and tried my best to explain why i did so... Long story short, after my explaining he looks at me and says ''Your cool Chip Not everybody would would do that for somebody thay hardly know'' Then I realized if a 13 year old could understand what half of our country is missing out on there might be hope left...

air mail rcu,

Plasma you can rest assured I do my part in my neighborhood and outside my neighborhood. I have been a volunteer fireman, baseball coach, soccer coach, softball coach, I go to all the school and teach fire safety courses. I have brought more kids into RC Flying then there are members in my club and it's a large club. One day alone I had 75 kids beside me at the local park watching me fly and asking a million questions and I answered everyone of them plus all the parents questions. This I have been doing for many, many years. As far as RC goes I did some work with a major RC manufacture and worked all the major RC show in the country for years. I have talked to thousands of modelers and would be modelers. So as far as promoting the hobby and trying to help people change their lives, Bud I have done my share, in spades.

One thing I have never done was punch someones lights out for reasons stated. There were times I wanted to but cooler heads prevailed. Not that I'm not capable. A couple of months ago at my gym while playing basketball a person 20 years younger and bigger then me picked a fight with me. I didn't throw the first punch but I did throw the last ones. He will never do that to anyone ever again. But whats done is done. You can only try and make a good situation out of a bad one. And I'm sure you will. It's all about the boy from here on in.

All The Best
Terry

Old 04-17-2011, 06:44 PM
plasma 327

ORIGINAL: air mail rcu

I Live in a neighborhood of about 20 or so homes.. I have a track out back behind my house which is why all the kids come around.. Some of them have their own rc's and some don't.. I have 3 that i let the less fortunate share. I help buy them fuel, part's, etc... Our locall track is about 5 miles away. I always take one a week to track for racing with me on Sunday which is where i was most of the day.. I took Paul with me today.. On the ride he ask me '' Herd you punched Steve's dad for losing his rc... I said yes i did and tried my best to explain why i did so... Long story short, after my explaining he looks at me and says ''Your cool Chip Not everybody would would do that for somebody thay hardly know'' Then I realized if a 13 year old could understand what half of our country is missing out on there might be hope left...

air mail rcu,

Plasma you can rest assured I do my part in my neighborhood and outside my neighborhood. I have been a volunteer fireman, baseball coach, soccer coach, softball coach, I go to all the school and teach fire safety courses. I have brought more kids into RC Flying then there are members in my club and it's a large club. One day alone I had 75 kids beside me at the local park watching me fly and asking a million questions and I answered everyone of them plus all the parents questions. This I have been doing for many, many years. As far as RC goes I did some work with a major RC manufacture and worked all the major RC show in the country for years. I have talked to thousands of modelers and would be modelers. So as far as promoting the hobby and trying to help people change their lives, Bud I have done my share, in spades.

One thing I have never done was punch someones lights out for reasons stated. There were times I wanted to but cooler heads prevailed. Not that I'm not capable. A couple of months ago at my gym while playing basketball a person 20 years younger and bigger them me picked a fight with me. I didn't throw the first punch but I did throw the last ones. He will never do that to anyone ever again. But whats done is done. You can only try and make a good situation out of a bad one. And I'm sure you will. It's all about the boy from here on in.

All The Best
Terry

Cudos To you Terry!!! I wish we all would take it upon ourselves to promote such good character and share the RC joy.... Good to hear it and I thank you...

As much as many may not like it "Punching his lights out" I felt at the time was necessary... I do not apologize... We will see in a few days if it did more harm than good.. The future will tell..
Old 04-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Sigma.40

ORIGINAL: air mail rcu

air mail rcu,

One thing I have never done was punch someones lights out for reasons stated. There were times I wanted to but cooler heads prevailed. Not that I'm not capable. A couple of months ago at my gym while playing basketball a person 20 years younger and bigger then me picked a fight with me. I didn't throw the first punch but I did throw the last ones. He will never do that to anyone ever again. But whats done is done. You can only try and make a good situation out of a bad one. And I'm sure you will. It's all about the boy from here on in.

All The Best
Terry

I change my comment about "ALL" airplane guys to "SOME" airplane guys.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Sigma.40

Well this thread got sappy really fast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.