Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

savage 21 vs 2.5tmaxx

Old 08-12-2003, 12:16 AM
banzi01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage 21 vs 2.5tmaxx

i was gunna buy a 2.5tmaxx or a savage 21 and i was wondering which was the best. which do u think is faster and which is better durabilty.

thanx for ur help!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:53 AM
MrSavage

the t maxx is definately faster but the savage would probably be more durable. (considering the bad durability of other traxxas products) if i had the money, i would get a savage.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:55 AM
Shadow102
My Feedback: (5)

trust me the durability of the other traxxas products has nothing to do with the t-maxx...its kinda like traxxas doesn't even put effort into any of their other vehicles. I would go with the t-maxx it is smaller and lighter....true the .21 powerplant is a plus on the savage but if you upgrade the t-maxx to a .21 later it is just insane even though the 2.5 .15 powerplant has a ton of power
Old 08-12-2003, 12:58 AM
MrSavage

it might be better to listen to shadow, i wasn't saying from experience cause i don't have either the savage or tmaxx so he's probably right if he has the tmaxx. but hey if you are looking for somthing fast and durable, GET THE RC10GT!! i just got one a week or so ago and i love it and it istaking a beating, butit's far from an MT so it might notbe what you are looking for.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:06 AM
truggyracer

I have had a tmaxx and by buddy has a savage. I personally think the Savage is more durable and better built. My .02 cents..
Old 08-12-2003, 01:17 AM
Blackjaxx360
My Feedback: (2)

Funny, I started a thread similar to this in the MT section. I found out that the T-maxx tends to overheat, but with a cooling head you will be fine. There are a lot of opinions on both trucks and I still haven't figured out which to buy. One thing I found funny is that there are more people selling the T-maxx than people selling their Savages. Check the Classified section for yourself. Some people have told me to get the truck and then I see that they are selling theirs. There might be something to that ratio of Savages for sell and T-maxxes for sell. :stupid: :stupid:
Old 08-12-2003, 01:24 AM
Shadow102

if you also look the t-maxx has been around alot longer therefore a ton more units were sold. plus i don't know about the rest of the country but it seems to me just about any hobby store sells traxxas and you know they push the t-maxx...i mean i have yet to have any experience what so ever with the savage but with the upgradability and the performance outa the box not to mention the racing aspect a t-maxx would be the way to go then again i prolly am a little biased as i am not all that fond of HPI products and i more or less own my bro's t-maxx
Old 08-12-2003, 01:38 AM
Blackjaxx360

I'm not bashing the T-maxx, I just wanna know the facts also before I buy. But when I go to the Classifieds of this forum I see only T-maxxes for sale, no Savages. Wouldn't you find that fishy also? Especially if you were looking to buy one? Everyone keeps saying "Get a T-maxx!" "Get a T-maxx!""Get a T-maxx!""Get a T-maxx!" And I see everyone selling theirs. ***!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 01:41 AM
Shadow102

yeah i see what you were talking about i mean you can bash all you want everyone is entitled to their opinion but i do see alot of t-maxxes for sale it would be interesting to see y they are selling their t-maxxes though.

then again i do see ppl selling t-maxxes to buy savages and then i also see ppl selling savages to get a t-maxx i guess it just comes down to personal preference, size, speed, upgradability, racing, and what your LHS as far as parts
Old 08-12-2003, 01:52 AM
Blackjaxx360

Though I do hear the new Savage SS is a beast hands down. But I also hear that the engine is really hard to keep tuned. I almost give up on the MT's and stick with my on-road cars, lol!
Old 08-12-2003, 02:33 AM
migueloo

i have a t-maxx and i don't think its good. u need to upgraded alot before it performs well. i would have gotten the savage, but it didn't come with reverse. now that the savage ss is coming, i'm gonna sell my t-maxx and get a savage...or a r40
Old 08-12-2003, 03:31 AM
RCFreakInFL
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Originally posted by Blackjaxx360
Though I do hear the new Savage SS is a beast hands down. But I also hear that the engine is really hard to keep tuned. I almost give up on the MT's and stick with my on-road cars, lol!
Who are you hearing that from, the Savage SS doesn't come out until late August....

Let's not make this into a Savage vs. TMAXX bloodbath, there has been too much of that going on! Both are great trucks, both have their +'s and -'s, and to me, I don't think EITHER is better than the other. I have to be the objective one here, #1 because I am a moderator, #2 because I have personal expereince with both trucks.

You are comparing a 1/10 scale truck, to a 1/8 scale truck.... .15 motor vs. .21 motor, in which the .15 is faster, but thats because of the 2 spd tranny adn the gearing used! The Savage is hands down, a slower truck. It is only advertised to do around 30 MPH, the MAXX 2.5 at 40+. However, I personally think the Savage's suspension and chassis components are far superior in durability to the MAXX's.

If you really want to read up on this topic, please do a search, there are literally hundreds of these posts, and unfortunately, many turn into flame posts....I just don't want this one to be added to that list of "closed posts".

Good luck with your decision, either way!
Old 08-12-2003, 05:53 AM
Blackjaxx360

Who are you hearing that from, the Savage SS doesn't come out until late.

As far as I know, it is already released in California. That is where someone was trying to sell it to me was from. I don't have one. Also, to set the records straight, I'm not bashing any truck. I was just relaying some info that was given to me. I clearly stated that I was looking to buy, I don't own either one. I just thought it was funny to see all of the T-maxxes for sale. Isn't that enough to bring up some curiosity of the product? I thought the purpose of forums such as these were to help people that need help in areas that they are not familiar with? Of course they are going to get a different opinion from every different person. No one is a RC God. Different things work for different people. Personally, I almost don't want a truck now. As soon as I get one, someone will say, "oh, that is a P.O.S." ***!! I didn't have this much trouble buying any of my three nitro cars. I'm just hoping to get straight answers. I'm not afraid to listen. But I'm not going to listen to B.S. And B.s. to me is people telling me to buy a certain truck because it is awesome and turn around and sell theirs to buy the competitor because they hate their truck. These statements are not an attack to anyone, only a reminder that there are some people who don't have a clue and it is up to others to help them get that clue. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know poop about Nitro Trucks. My only experience is with an elec. Stampede. I just want to hear facts and not someone's personal opinion. I apologize beforehand If this post bothers anyone. But I've just about had it with the lies around here.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:03 AM
RCFreakInFL
Banned

Who did I hear that the Savage SS hasn't come out yet from, try HPI themselves. Go to their site HPI , look in magazines at the ads, it's all over the place....late August, 2003!

Please be very selective in your wording blackjaxx, some of your language, and definately your demeanor, can be offensive to other members. It's ok to speak your mind, no doubt...but please do not criticize others when they look to you for answers! Offensive terms, would be "***", P.O.S., and others...which are commonplace in your replies, in more than just this thread. Please make a note of this, and correct it, thanks.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:34 AM
Blackjaxx360

First off, I was not questioning you, just quoting. I've been to the HPI site plenty of times and I know that the Savage SS isn't going to be out until late August. I just said someone was trying to sell me one. It's not my fault that they are are lying, or maybe not. I can not fairly say that I know anything about Mt's, because I don't. But now I am interested. So for me to be curious about the selling of a lot of Tmaxxes, should not out of the ordinary. Surely someone of your position can relate. I just thought it was fishy. But instead of people telling me the true reason, all I've have been getting were "lies" about quality. I've only just started to look to buy one now. How would I know if the Tmaxxes have been out longer unless someone told me. Like I told you, I have no knowledge of MT's. I enjoy this hobby too much to argue with someone over the internet(and I'm not arguing with you, RCFreakInFL). And just for argument's sake, LOL, I'm not arguing!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 02:24 PM
Shadow102

yeah the savage is suck a ghey truck...j/k yeah i hope this doesn't turn into a flame war i would like to learn more about the savage as i dun know to much about it but i know like every last screw in the t-maxx lol. I myself am not a MT guy i prefer the buggys but the mts are just a great thing to bash with due to their ground clearance.

neway back to the subject i notice someone said they bought the t-maxx for the reverse...lets put it this way nitro vehicles were never meant for reverse and the t-maxx is no exception the reverse is a POS and one of the best upgrades you can do on a t-maxx is the forward only conversion you take so much rotating mass out of the tranny its amazing and it runs so much quicker without it....also you may want to look into the sportmaxx just a cheaper 2wd version of the t-maxx and exclent for backyard bashing yet you can upgrade it later with modules from traxxas for about the same price a t-maxx would cost you.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:48 PM
NitroFreak

T-MAXX is the truck to get. It is the most cusomizable truck you can buy.eventhough I am mainly a touring car fan.. I still enjoy bashing with my t-maxx.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:53 PM
banzi01

Default by the way

does anyone have a 2.5 tmaxx for sale ill trade u my emaxx with (2)3000ni-mh sanyo batteries and new in box aluminum shox and only used 3 times for ur tmaxx 2.5
Old 08-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Blackjaxx360

I'm pretty open-minded so it doesn't bother me. But if I don't like what someone says, then I just don't post to that thread, plain and simple. It seems as though no matter what truck you get, you will enjoy. People will have something to say, regardless. I'm just going to get what I want. And if someone has a problem with it, I'll just tell them to donate a MT of their choice to the Blackjaxx360 Motorcycle Racing Fund, LOL.
My Advice: Get what you want and enjoy it. Life is too short and this hobby is too fun!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2003, 01:02 PM
Casey Frost

I have a Savage .21 and have to say it is the most durable and fun "ground bound" (term used loosely) RC vehicle I have ever owned. I'll take a 4x8 peice of plywood and stack crates under one end and try to make a 30 degree angle and launch the Savage at top speed. It goes more than 15 feet and lands on the wheels. I've run it into walls, curbs, cars, people, bicycles, chain link fences and anything else I can think of to destroy it and it just WONT BREAK!!! I can't drive it on RC dirt tracks becuase it's just too boring. I go to the local BMX track to play with it. I have never owned a T-Maxx but after owning the Savage I don't know why I would consider owning any other monster truck. This thing is about perfect. If only the bodies on these things could take the beating the rest of the truck does it would be perfect. I'm very very very with it!

Just my 2 cents
Old 08-13-2003, 03:56 PM
IAMaxxer

Default This is Hummer Man on IAMAXXER's User Name...

Iamaxxer and i both have Tmaxxes, i have the trx 2.5 and he has the older Pro .15! We have a blast racing/bashing on our own track. THe maxx is a great truck, we don't really have any problems with the durablity, as our trucks are highly modify!!! Great trucks !!! I will not say anything about the savage as i have not driven one or even seen one!!!