Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

electric "supercharger"

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 12:41 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: electric

ORIGINAL: stoya789

The government is not ''snuffing out'' inventions in favor of the stuff. There is not some super secret high efficiency engine that government has covered up.
yes they are, and yes there is. ughh[&:] this isn't the first time i've had this discussion.... quite frankly i don't know why i brought it up... habit i guess. there have been MANY alternatives to oil in the past century. likely hundreds. it sounds crazy i know, but when you understand the reason why, that the entire economy and currency of this country is backed by oil, it is easier to comprehend.

look, before someone gets all flustered and says 9/11 wasn't because of oil, i'll briefly explain why it was. all countries have to convert to american dollars before they buy oil.this basically creates a demand for american dollars all around the world. when saddam hussain decided he wanted to trade oil in euros instead of dollars, he dug his own grave. george bush had decided to invade iraq in order to snuff him out. in order to do this, bush needed a catalyst... a pearl harbor. 9/11 was just that. the attacks on the trade centers were engineered by the bush administration and used as propaganda, otherwise known as the ''war on terror'', this allowed him to invade iraq and snuff out hussein. bin ladin was nothing more than a mere scapegoat.

funny isn't it? how the media manipulates people... in fact nearly a decade later people are still convinced bin ladin is the enemy!!why? because most people don't do their homework. they get home from work, flip on the 6 o'clock news, crack open a beer and listen to the news reporter read from the teleprompter.

yeah, ok, your probably right. i'm sorry for bringing this topic up, and derailing this thread a bit. It's a bad habit of mine[&:] SORRY!!!
So you are saying pearl harbor was a just catalyst used to start to the pacific front? Basically... you are saying we should have just let the Japanese get away with it. Because it would have been a nice thing to do? That's some serious logic.

Man... another truther. I agree that we should have never gone to Iraq, but saying bush willingly killed our out citizens? HA!

Besides, destabilizing the middle east with a war just jacked oil prices. Kind of counterproductive dont you think?

Ok, I'm done... before the thread gets locked.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:22 PM
stoya789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah im done too
Old 06-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Stinger16s

In Electronics we call this a unity gain device. As far as i know NO has made one work because the electrical losses due to heat,resistance and friction will always be less than what you put in. For Example a 2200mAh battery will not delivery 2200mAh of usable current because of the wire resistance and heat dissipation of the circuit. You can get close but not boost your power. the best solution I can think of would be a capacitor charged before it is placed in the circuit, as in not from the car running, but beware of insttaneous current spikes frying your ESC .[8D]
Old 06-15-2011, 08:20 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Politics and conspiracy theories are fun.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:35 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: stoya789

The government is not ''snuffing out'' inventions in favor of the stuff. There is not some super secret high efficiency engine that government has covered up.
yes they are, and yes there is. ughh[&:] this isn't the first time i've had this discussion.... quite frankly i don't know why i brought it up... habit i guess. there have been MANY alternatives to oil in the past century. likely hundreds. it sounds crazy i know, but when you understand the reason why, that the entire economy and currency of this country is backed by oil, it is easier to comprehend.

look, before someone gets all flustered and says 9/11 wasn't because of oil, i'll briefly explain why it was. all countries have to convert to american dollars before they buy oil.this basically creates a demand for american dollars all around the world. when saddam hussain decided he wanted to trade oil in euros instead of dollars, he dug his own grave. george bush had decided to invade iraq in order to snuff him out. in order to do this, bush needed a catalyst... a pearl harbor. 9/11 was just that. the attacks on the trade centers were engineered by the bush administration and used as propaganda, otherwise known as the ''war on terror'', this allowed him to invade iraq and snuff out hussein. bin ladin was nothing more than a mere scapegoat.

funny isn't it? how the media manipulates people... in fact nearly a decade later people are still convinced bin ladin is the enemy!!why? because most people don't do their homework. they get home from work, flip on the 6 o'clock news, crack open a beer and listen to the news reporter read from the teleprompter.

yeah, ok, your probably right. i'm sorry for bringing this topic up, and derailing this thread a bit. It's a bad habit of mine[&:] SORRY!!!
Cool story, bro.

Now tell us all about that 100 mpg carburetor that BIG OIL doesn't want us to know about[X(]
Old 06-15-2011, 09:46 PM
meef rustler

ORIGINAL: Stinger16s

In Electronics we call this a unity gain device. As far as i know NO has made one work because the electrical losses due to heat,resistance and friction will always be less than what you put in. For Example a 2200mAh battery will not delivery 2200mAh of usable current because of the wire resistance and heat dissipation of the circuit. You can get close but not boost your power. the best solution I can think of would be a capacitor charged before it is placed in the circuit, as in not from the car running, but beware of insttaneous current spikes frying your ESC .[8D]
Well, we could get absolutely no resistance in a location that is -273.15 degrees celsius. You would only have to drive your vehicle in a freezer located in Europe, ( I forget where) the freezer has gotten within thousandths of a degree from it. Water also travels up walls.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:28 AM
nick_75au

It actually is just a theory to have perpetual motion you have to have a frictionless setup and as we all know friction it everywhere ESP when creating electricity so until some on can get rid of friction it's is just a theory
im not trying to get perpetual motion just an extra boost of power and perpetual motion isnt a complete theroy its just incredibly hard to get right

All you people talking about perpetual motion as a theory theory don't have a clue. A theory is based on scientific evidence that can be repeated and peer reviewed. It has higher truth than facts, and is where calling something just a theory is where a lot of people (Religion) get it wrong when trying to state a case.

Perpetual motion is NOT a Theory or even a Hypothesis

Anyway the answer to the OPs question is a series/parallel switch, 2 batteries of the same voltage and capacity wired through a switch that can swap the batteries from parallel to series connection

Nick
Old 06-16-2011, 01:37 AM
nick_75au

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Most of Tesla's inventions were junk and unfeasible. His ''wireless'' electricity? A gimmick.

I hate our dependance on oil as much as the next person, but oil is cheap. The government is not ''snuffing out'' inventions in favor of the stuff. There is not some super secret high efficiency engine that government has covered up.

Stop reading between the lines. Our schools and universities are far more powerful than oil companies. Do your homework, but dont read too far into it.
Wireless electricity transfer happens every day, reading the forum on a wireless router, electricity transferred wirelessly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_energy_transfer

Nick
Old 06-16-2011, 04:54 AM
Bonified Wingnut

Good! I found the high school drop out's thread. Can I comment too? If you are going to add weight to an electric vehicle of any kind...why not make it a battery, a fuel cell or an internal combustion engine? Energy ( according to Einstein equals matter) cannot be created nor destroyed it only changes form. Any energy created on an electric vehicle was already on it to begin with...in some form.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:58 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: nick_75au

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Most of Tesla's inventions were junk and unfeasible. His ''wireless'' electricity? A gimmick.

I hate our dependance on oil as much as the next person, but oil is cheap. The government is not ''snuffing out'' inventions in favor of the stuff. There is not some super secret high efficiency engine that government has covered up.

Stop reading between the lines. Our schools and universities are far more powerful than oil companies. Do your homework, but dont read too far into it.
Wireless electricity transfer happens every day, reading the forum on a wireless router, electricity transferred wirelessly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_energy_transfer

Nick
I didn't say it didn't exist, I said that his idea of "wireless electricity" is unfeasible, and not used today because it just doesn't work.

Besides, it has a limited range. My wireless internet connection is NOT an example of electrical radiation/conduction. Powerful RF signals can be converted to electricity (with a rectifier), but the signal itself is not. Its part of the light spectrum.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:01 AM
DaveG55

Of course wireless electricity transfer happens every day. Heck, my toothbrush charges wirelessly. The thing is wireless power transfer is not very efficient on any scale and not really very useful in an rc vehicle application.

If all the OP is looking for is a boost of power then the most interesting idea I have seen put forth so far is the series/parallel battery switching idea. Of course even that will present electrical and size limitations. First, there will be the complete dropping of power during the switch over while running under power. That will create the inevitable power spikes and surges to the ESC that will have to be addressed. Then there's the fact that any switching set-up will have to be capable of handling Amp loads of 150A or more and those componants are not exactly small. And, finally, you'll have to do all that and still be carefull not to exceed the capacity limits of the ESC/motor combo.

Doable? Probably.
Worthwhile? Probably not.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:07 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What perfect note to end this on before more politics and flaming get going.

I said to myself when I saw this thread, I give it 2 pages at most. Maybe I should play the lottery this week.

Locked. This thread serves no purpose to RC. If the OP had more subject matter I'd let it run forever, but we've gone from turbines to perpetual motion to US war policy and now microwave (which isn't electricity by the way). Enough now.