Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

The way Short Course should be !

Old 07-13-2011, 10:45 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The way Short Course should be !

some Short Course actions, Clockwork Style

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snOV4C9f9XE&feature=youtube_gdata[/youtube]
Old 07-13-2011, 11:04 PM
xerxes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The way Short Course should be !

as cool as sc's look, dey all maik bad jumpers [&o]
Old 07-14-2011, 12:16 AM
tommygun32

Sweet!!!!

Absolute ripper as always....but reminds me of one of the old Star Trek episodes..."Too much powerrrrr Captain!!", hehehehe. Driver really needs a steady trigger finger.

I also now understand what they mean when they say 'parachuting'. [:@]

Nice vid supertib
Old 07-14-2011, 12:41 AM
meef rustler

Hey Supertib,
You should carry modded Novarossi .21s at your store. like the Novarossi Bonito .21 7xlb.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:31 AM
lez1troubles

Low flying .21 powered brick.
Nice job Supertib.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:41 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: meef rustler

Hey Supertib,
You should carry modded Novarossi .21s at your store. like the Novarossi Bonito .21 7xlb.

I have one here right now
Old 07-14-2011, 09:11 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...So they should be overpowered, undriveable monsters that barely stay on the track? Behemoths that, while fast in the parking lot, would get lapped by a brushed 2WD slash time and time again because they're positively out of control?

Makes for great backyard fun, my NTC3 is similarly overpowered, but I wouldn't go anywhere near a track with such a creation.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:38 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 378

...So they should be overpowered, undriveable monsters that barely stay on the track? Behemoths that, while fast in the parking lot, would get lapped by a brushed 2WD slash time and time again because they're positively out of control?

Makes for great backyard fun, my NTC3 is similarly overpowered, but I wouldn't go anywhere near a track with such a creation.
That is a big block 4wd 10SC, it would demolish a 2wd slash. It would probably demolish a 4wd slash too. You cant really judge a car just by watching some dude completely bust a huge ass triple for fun.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: proanti1

That is a big block 4wd 10SC, it would demolish a 2wd slash. It would probably demolish a 4wd slash too. You cant really judge a car just by watching some dude completely bust a huge ass triple for fun.

He'd have to put a HUGE throttle restrictor in, or perhaps program the throttle to only allow 50% travel in the go direction, in order to get anywhere with that thing. It's crazy fun overpowered, I'd love to have it myself, but it's not fit to race. There's such a thing as too much power, ya know.

And yes I know full well what it is, I've seen him showing it off on a dirt lot before.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:33 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

from the looks of it he was barely hitting the throttle as is.
I'd hate to see what it would do WOT(and by hate I mean love )
Old 07-14-2011, 10:36 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

He'd have to put a HUGE throttle restrictor in, or perhaps program the throttle to only allow 50% travel in the go direction, in order to get anywhere with that thing. It's crazy fun overpowered, I'd love to have it myself, but it's not fit to race. There's such a thing as too much power, ya know.

And yes I know full well what it is, I've seen him showing it off on a dirt lot before.
There is a thing called throttle control. Ease it through the turns, roll into it out of the corners, and then nail it down the straight... The power is fine, you just have to use it only when you need it if you were competitive racing.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

There is a thing called throttle control. Ease it through the turns, roll into it out of the corners, and then nail it down the straight... The power is fine, you just have to use it only when you need it if you were competitive racing.
I know damn well about throttle control. My car is equally overpowered, I have to use it every time I drive. God damn can you people stop treating me like some idiot that just got a Traxxas the day before?!

It doesn't matter how good your throttle control is, that is just too much power to race.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:03 AM
supertib

we are going to race it locally ! without question........ yesterday the track was really loose and the car has had zero time in setup, heck I think it still has grease in the diffs ! it was a straight out of the box RTR that we dropped the engine in.....it is definitely way overpowered, but once the track is conditioned and we spend some time setting up the truck we should make it more manageable......But regardless it is a fun machine first and foremost, if it can be raced it will be raced tongue in cheek !
Old 07-14-2011, 11:05 AM

No doubt it's fun, I'd love to tear my backyard up with it. I'm just not sure it can put the power down for a quick lap. I know I'd neuter my touring car if I ever decided to throw it on a track.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:06 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

Low flying .21 powered brick.
Nice job Supertib.

it even has a built in parachute !

that jump is 14'high and a distance of 45' ...so not that low flying LOL
Old 07-14-2011, 11:08 AM
supertib

No doubt it's fun, I'd love to tear my backyard up with it. I'm just not sure it can put the power down for a quick lap. I know I'd neuter my touring car if I ever decided to throw it on a track.

definitely ...its a handfull for sure and was built for making smiles, not fast laps ! but due to it being a nitro and the fact we have about 15 BL SC trucks at the track we are going to make a go of it.....would be nice to have the BL chasing the nitro ! gotta defend the nitro's every chance we get !
Old 07-14-2011, 11:14 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

Sweet!!!!

Absolute ripper as always....but reminds me of one of the old Star Trek episodes...''Too much powerrrrr Captain!!'', hehehehe. Driver really needs a steady trigger finger.

Nice vid supertib

everyone we have let drive it has come away with a big smile.... I am half tempted to drop my OS 25 into it and gear up a couple of teeth....just for the giggle factor !
Old 07-15-2011, 02:37 AM
lez1troubles

O.S .25, mmm, power.[>:]
Old 07-15-2011, 04:25 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

O.S .25, mmm, power.[>:]

OH yes...OS 25 may go in ! that should be rank ! heck even my B5 will be a good step up...... As it is this thing hammers all the BL SC trucks !
Old 07-15-2011, 12:27 PM
tommygun32

Do It!!!!!

And also cut some holes in the shell....or trim the side panels so it doesn't collect so muc air.....there's a whole other thread for parachuting...

ORIGINAL: supertib

Sweet!!!!

Absolute ripper as always....but reminds me of one of the old Star Trek episodes...''Too much powerrrrr Captain!!'', hehehehe. Driver really needs a steady trigger finger.

Nice vid supertib

everyone we have let drive it has come away with a big smile.... I am half tempted to drop my OS 25 into it and gear up a couple of teeth....just for the giggle factor !
Old 07-15-2011, 12:44 PM

definitely ...its a handfull for sure and was built for making smiles, not fast laps ! but due to it being a nitro and the fact we have about 15 BL SC trucks at the track we are going to make a go of it.....would be nice to have the BL chasing the nitro ! gotta defend the nitro's every chance we get !

Well you'll definitely show those brushless fanboys where they can stuff their lipo batteries regardless. Their biggest argument is power, if you've got so much it's undriveable they can't really argue that anymore...
Old 07-15-2011, 01:22 PM
supertib

Well you'll definitely show those brushless fanboys where they can stuff their lipo batteries regardless. Their biggest argument is power, if you've got so much it's undriveable they can't really argue that anymore...

I love going up against the BL rigs at the track......

here is 2 mod Nitro .21's vs a 4S powered Losi.... The BL rig is all white...the black and yellow is running a mod B6, and the main buggy I am focused on is running a mod Nova Plus 4....... The plus 4 had no issue bottom to top matching the 4S Lipo car and was only temping 180 with plenty of head room left in the tune.........Too many people discount the performance capacity of a nitro engines these days...

anyways

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePOLbDZlwA[/youtube]
Old 07-15-2011, 01:33 PM
supertib

Do It!!!!!

And also cut some holes in the shell....or trim the side panels so it doesn't collect so muc air.....there's a whole other thread for parachuting...

Sweet!!!!

Nice vid supertib

we definitely need to address the parachuting effect.....We also need to balance the truck some too... Chances are we will take this truck one step further, it has proven to be a crowd pleaser so far, so it should be worth the effort.... Plus too many people have given us flak over the truck not being track worthy.... So now not only does it have to be faster then the BL rigs, we also need to make it handle and race better as well... Nitro forever !
Old 07-15-2011, 02:22 PM
airbrushNC
My Feedback: (9)

Huge Air Nice!
Old 07-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Haddi Taha

ORIGINAL: xerxes

as cool as sc's look, dey all maik bad jumpers [&o]
they kept me warm in winter?

yeah sct are not ideal for jumping compared to over types