Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

HPI Revolution…1/8th Scale Gasoline Power!

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HPI Revolution…1/8th Scale Gasoline Power!

Old 08-10-2011, 07:07 AM
samguan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HPI Revolution…1/8th Scale Gasoline Power!

Old 08-10-2011, 08:03 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: HPI Revolution…1/8th Scale Gasoline Power!

Finally someone is doing this. That means I can buy the incredibly overpriced converted airplane engine and put it in my other cars. I wonder if it will put out the same power as my Compagnucci motor.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:27 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just hope it has standard nitro motor mounts spots
Old 08-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like Mr. TSB has to save up for something! Been wanting to get into gas for a while.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:10 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

This is relevent to ThunderbirdJunkie's interests...
Old 08-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

A gasoline Savage. I'm intrigued.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:44 PM
redfisher1974

Maybe next year...Savage flux xs this year.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:12 PM
sheograth

ooo....
Old 08-11-2011, 01:06 AM
djyjrlz

i suppose hpi just looked at the current savage x and said 'what is the only slightly unreliable thing about this truck?' 
swap out the engine for gasoline and there you have it. slight drop in performance (maybe) better diff life. and runs longer on a tank. very quick to tune, and the piston sleeve and conrod last longer. BETTER SOUND! 
literally cannot wait for more info on it

Old 08-11-2011, 07:34 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

I think that stupid picture was the press release...
Old 08-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Ttowntoolman

Were do you Keep a gas powered car? Outside so it don't stink up the house? Keep it inside a big tuperware container? Gas and the related fumes stink, so it becomes a huge problem for me. I have a 1/5th scale gas truck and I have to keep it out in the garage because it stinks. So my opinion of this new Savage is "it most likely stinks". It's kinda like havin a pet skunk with it's full armorment at the ready. Dont really matter were you keep it, it still reeks man.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:47 AM
TIGER76

Dont think 1/8 would be a good size for petrol fuled tbh the 1/5 are just big enough for these 2 stroke engines as it is lol

The picture looks like it got a nitro head on it no petrol engine in there!!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:49 AM
TIGER76

ORIGINAL: Ttowntoolman

Were do you Keep a gas powered car? Outside so it don't stink up the house? Keep it inside a big tuperware container? Gas and the related fumes stink, so it becomes a huge problem for me. I have a 1/5th scale gas truck and I have to keep it out in the garage because it stinks. So my opinion of this new Savage is ''it most likely stinks''. It's kinda like havin a pet skunk with it's full armorment at the ready. Dont really matter were you keep it, it still reeks man.
lol i keep mine in the house m8 all the time in the spare bedroom not in a cupboard tucked away [] i just empty the tank and clean it out no smell then
Old 08-11-2011, 10:08 AM
proanti1

Were do you Keep a gas powered car? Outside so it don't stink up the house? Keep it inside a big tuperware container? Gas and the related fumes stink, so it becomes a huge problem for me. I have a 1/5th scale gas truck and I have to keep it out in the garage because it stinks. So my opinion of this new Savage is ''it most likely stinks''. It's kinda like havin a pet skunk with it's full armorment at the ready. Dont really matter were you keep it, it still reeks man.
I used to keep my 5b in a rubbermade tub, which slid right into my closet. Just drain the tank. The stock mufflers kind of stink after a while, but if you switch to a tuned pipe, you can just stick a little cork in the end of it to keep it from dripping or smelling. I have a Compagnucci 1/8 scale gasoline car, which doesn't stink any more than a nitro.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:43 PM
s7jstep1

i like it. i have wanted something like this for a while. hopefull traxxas and associated and all the others follow the trend like everyone did with the sc trucks. i would love to see a racing class of these. with nitro at $30/gal and parts being so expensive for the 5b, this should be a good medium
Old 08-14-2011, 04:34 AM
My Feedback: (4)

This should be interesting. Aircraft have reliable-ish gasoline engines down to about 15CC these days, which is roughly a .90. I'm guessing HPI is tinkering around with a gas engine in roughly the 8 or 9 CC range, which is the same displacement range as the MGT 8.0 and CEN GST 7.7. Anything bigger than that and it's not 1/8th scale, anything smaller and the engine isn't going to make enough power to be of use.

I'm interested if only to see how small they can get a gasoline engine. Personally I don't like the sound of gassers, they sound far too similar to weed eaters for my tastes.

Due to thieves I have to keep my chainsaw inside. It doesn't stink the house up at all.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:08 AM
supertib

LOL @ Pet skunk with full armaments !!!! yupper a gasser smells pretty nasty...wifey sure wouldn't be fond of that one..
Old 08-14-2011, 08:12 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: 378

This should be interesting. Aircraft have reliable-ish gasoline engines down to about 15CC these days, which is roughly a .90. I'm guessing HPI is tinkering around with a gas engine in roughly the 8 or 9 CC range, which is the same displacement range as the MGT 8.0 and CEN GST 7.7. Anything bigger than that and it's not 1/8th scale, anything smaller and the engine isn't going to make enough power to be of use.

I'm interested if only to see how small they can get a gasoline engine. Personally I don't like the sound of gassers, they sound far too similar to weed eaters for my tastes.

Due to thieves I have to keep my chainsaw inside. It doesn't stink the house up at all.
Are you talking about the RCGF motors? I would really call them reliable... they put out about half the power of a nitro engine of that size.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:44 AM
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: 378

Are you talking about the RCGF motors? I would really call them reliable... they put out about half the power of a nitro engine of that size.

Well the engine in my Ford isn't a tower of power but it's reliable.

I was referring to the DLEs. Yes, I know their smallest is 20cc, but you get my drift.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:24 AM
Nitroaddicted

dat proly b slw but i by it, dipends on prce.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:47 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: Nitroaddicted

Let me guess... you created a new profile.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:51 AM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've run my gas boats on camp fuel in the past. No odour, similar performance, no other changes.

Ryan
Old 08-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Dave ESPI

There is not much room n a savage for anything bigger than a 15cc Gas engine. Chances are they are just downsizing a Zenoah or a Fuelie.

Id rather just see more product devlopment in 1/5th scale.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Nitroaddicted

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: Nitroaddicted

Let me guess... you created a new profile.
i creted neu profl? whu is u? i neu her.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:06 AM
DarkFire989

Is your keyboard broken or something? Because the lack of letters in your post is absurd.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.