Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

why slow on the uptake traxxas?

Old 08-12-2011, 01:24 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default why slow on the uptake traxxas?

so, im a traxxas fan for sure.
but why dont they have a rock crawler for us yet???
i mean, even redcat and exceed have rock crawlers!
kyosho, losi, venom, axial, duratrax, ect.
but nothing from traxxas.
i realize that there are many offerings on the market, but traxxas never dissapoints when they come up with a new model(well, almost never)

anyone else want a traxxas rock crawler?

or even a solid axle monster truck? one that can handle a brushless system?
Old 08-12-2011, 01:32 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: why slow on the uptake traxxas?

The crawler bubble has already burst. There's no need for Traxxas to flood the an already flooded market with a sea of similar vehicles. Plus they can't readily take one of their existing platforms and add a new suspension to make it work.

The Summit is the closest thing they've got to a crawler, and I don't see that changing.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:42 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

crawler bubble burst? maybe. but the thing i dig about the crawlers offered is that they are in many ways different. i mean, the ax10 and venom creeper are similar but the axial wraith is very different and the kyosho offering has worm gears in the axles.

i do see what you mean by traxxas not being able to use an existing plateform to make a crawler. that does seem to be their thing right now, to just re-use a platform.

many rock crawler get modified with traxxas waterproof gear. my ax10 has a waterproof vxl system on it.

traxxas should at least come out with a short course buggy, now that the XXX SCB is out.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:44 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would you want Traxxas to come out with a crawler when there are good ones on the market?
Old 08-12-2011, 02:18 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Reason traxxas won't make a crawler writing "10+MPH" won't look good written on a box while its sitting next to anything else they sell

And as 378 said nothing they have would work right, seeing most their current R&D is just looking on forums to see what tires someone slapped on one of their pre-existing trucks, doing the same, and selling it as a new model(stampede 4X4 ).
Old 08-12-2011, 03:55 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is the Summit, which can pretty much crawl over anything... but its not 1.9 nor 2.2 class.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:08 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: proanti1

There is the Summit, which can pretty much crawl over anything... but its not 1.9 nor 2.2 class.
the summit is cool, but it will never do what a ax10 can do. i have some pretty sick rock along a river in town that has some awsome lines to drive. stuff that will really test your driving ability.

i know that there are plenty of rock crawler options out there, but i also believe its important for an RC company(especially a big one) to be as diverse in its products as possible.

i like the comment about putting 10mph on the box wouldnt work. that was pretty funny.

i had a ax10 that i put a vxl system in and it would go 25mph and pull wheelies on 2s. it was pretty tough to keep on its wheels.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:20 PM
hands without shadows

Because not enough people want/will pay for one.

No Demand = No Potential Profit.
No Potential Profit = No Investment.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:26 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

how many SUV's are there on the auto market today? yet every year the car companies re-make their models or come up with new ones.
why...........cause people will buy them.
why stick with a scx10 or ax10 that every one has, when you can be different and have a traxxas?(at least until everyone buys a traxxas)

and my main point, is why didnt traxxas come up with a crawler 1 or 2 years ago???
Old 08-12-2011, 11:02 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

how many SUV's are there on the auto market today? yet every year the car companies re-make their models or come up with new ones.
why stick with a scx10 or ax10 that every one has, when you can be different and have a traxxas?(at least until everyone buys a traxxas)

and my main point, is why didnt traxxas come up with a crawler 1 or 2 years ago???
Name five actual SUVs that have anything that resembles off-road ability. Five. Name them.

ThunderbirdJunkie can name three.
Wrangler
Liberty
FJ Snoozer

Your point in this post simply cements why Traxxas won't build a dedicated crawler. People want something that LOOKS like it can go off road, they don't care if it CAN. That's where 99.9999999999% of Liberty, Wrangler, and FJ sales go.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:43 AM

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Name five actual SUVs that have anything that resembles off-road ability. Five. Name them.

Wrangler
Liberty
FJ Snoozer

Your point in this post simply cements why Traxxas won't build a dedicated crawler. People want something that LOOKS like it can go off road, they don't care if it CAN. That's where 99.9999999999% of Liberty, Wrangler, and FJ sales go.

Chevy suburban
Chevy Tahoe

Forgot two of 'em, bro.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:00 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Sorry, but those long wheelbase leviathans, specifically the modern lowriding ones, have no breakover angle and couldn't do anything off road if they wanted to.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:01 AM

They're still proper body-on-frame big V8 RWD live axle SUVs. Besides, they'll go a damn sight farther off road than a front-drive car-derived crossover. Matter of fact you'll get farther in a 'Burban or Tahoe than you will a Liberty.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:27 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: 378

They're still proper body-on-frame big V8 RWD live axle SUVs. Besides, they'll go a damn sight farther off road than a front-drive car-derived crossover. Matter of fact you'll get farther in a 'Burban or Tahoe than you will a Liberty.
That's funny. If V8, RWD, and body-on-frame and live axle meant all that much, people would be wheeling G-bodies[&:]
Old 08-13-2011, 10:28 AM

That's funny. If V8, RWD, and body-on-frame and live axle meant all that much, people would be wheeling G-bodies[&:]
That's what a proper SUv is, bro. That's the defining feature. Ladder frame, big-ass V8, RWD.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:29 AM
hands without shadows

There's no debate that a Tahoe or Suburban will not get you much further down a trail than your average awd crossover. You can barely clear a curb with them.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:39 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

That's what a proper SUv is, bro. That's the defining feature. Ladder frame, big-ass V8, RWD.
Just saying that the extremely long wheelbase limits it to being no more able to do things off road than a Ford Escape. Much like the Summit's independent suspension underpinnings make it no more able to do things in slow technical stuff than ThunderbirdJunkie's SC10 4x4.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:08 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Wrangler
Liberty
FJ Snoozer

SUV - Sport Utility Vehicle. Not competition utility vehicle, just sport utility vehicle. If it can drive on something other than asphalt, its a sport utility vehicle. It doesn't need lockers, long suspension travel, or anything like that... it just needs to do stuff a car cant. Skiing trip? Try cramming all the supplies into your Taurus. Bringing your jet skis to the lake? Yeah, your Corolla cant handle that.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:09 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Wrangler
Liberty
FJ Snoozer

SUV - Sport Utility Vehicle. Not competition utility vehicle, just sport utility vehicle. If it can drive on something other than asphalt, its a sport utility vehicle. It doesn't need lockers, long suspension travel, or anything like that... it just needs to do stuff a car cant. Skiing trip? Try cramming all the supplies into your Taurus. Bringing your jet skis to the lake? Yeah, your Corolla cant handle that.
Most of the current "SUV's" I've seen can't even drive on stuff my 98 monte carlo can with no issue. Also seen someone once with a trailer hitch on a chevy lumina with a boat attached to it on the highway.
Found it funny last winter when we got the nutty ass snow and the SUV's were stuck where I was plowing through no problem
Also I drive on unpaved lots, and other things often with a 2wd car.
IMO most SUV's now a days are over glorified mini-vans for those people like my brother who wouldn't be caught dead in a mini-van...
Old 08-13-2011, 12:56 PM
sheograth

How about we get this thread back on topic?

If you want to discuss SUVs do so in the off topic forum.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:15 AM
hpiracr28

Wrangler
Liberty
FJ Snoozer

YOU FORGOT ABOUT THE BLAZER, BRONCO, RAM CHARGER, BLAZER ZR2, S-10 ZR2. May look like they can go off roading, but can they do it in style and well??
Old 08-15-2011, 09:54 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: hpiracr28

Wrangler
Liberty
FJ Snoozer

YOU FORGOT ABOUT THE BLAZER, BRONCO, RAM CHARGER, BLAZER ZR2, S-10 ZR2. May look like they can go off roading, but can they do it in style and well??
ThunderbirdJunkie was only referring to modern, currently available models. S10s are not SUVs btw.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:59 AM
hpiracr28

ORIGINAL: hpiracr28

Wrangler
Liberty
FJ Snoozer

ThunderbirdJunkie was only referring to modern, currently available models. S10s are not SUVs btw.
i noticed that after i posted lol. well although the zr2's aren't available anymore, they were just a few short years ago. but yes, jeep as of right now has the only "off-roading" affect on the design of their vehicles. dodge redesigned the durango, but not for off-roading. come to think of it, sadly, jeep is the only one who has kept off road in their mind with every vehicle. years ago it was available more, but todays marketi guess nobody wants off roaders anymore, whether it be an suv or pickup
Old 08-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Nitroaddicted

Th crwlr merkit iz no bg enuf 4 traxxas 2 git en2. no enuf prafets.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Foxy

I disagree. The crawler market is still in its infancy relatively speaking. Crawlers need to become more versatile, more durable and better designed. Any new companies entering the market can only further that goal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.