Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Got my Savage XL!!!

Old 08-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Savage XL!!!

Got a really good deal on a Savage XL on CL yesterday. It came with RD Logics pipe, Robinson Racing gears, Aluminum bumpers and skid plates. Aftermarket wheels and tires (If anyone can tell me what tires they are, I'd appreciate it). Came with aalmost newLRP Z28 engine. Compression on it is still so tight that I need a screwdriver and rag to turn the flywheel from TDC. Also has a new Spektrum DX3S remote and reciever. Also has a Proline body with bright blue neon lights on the underside. I had to drive 6 hours away to get it, but that was ok as I only paid $250 for it all.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21570.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	290.7 KB
ID:	1649054   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89462.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	1649055   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83038.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	392.4 KB
ID:	1649056  
Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 AM
Ducat1

Default RE: Got my Savage XL!!!

Wow u drove 6 hours to get that... Dedicated to RCs I guess right lol
Old 08-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Nitroaddicted

hw wud u no it wrkd? u cud hve drved 6 hors jst 4 it no wrk.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Sigma.40

ORIGINAL: Nitroaddicted

hw wud u no it wrkd? u cud hve drved 6 hors jst 4 it no wrk.
I originally saw the ad last Monday but the guy couldn't meet me until yesterday. I was up for like a week with that truck running through my head. If I hadn't gone I would have spent the next year wondering if I passed up the best deal that I have ever seen on CL.

Also, I realized thateven if the engine was blown it would have been a good deal for me. I was going to buy an XL rolling chassis on Ebay for $300 (No engine or electronics, just the chassis, 3sp. transmission and XL diffs) and switch over all the stuff from my .25 or X.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Nitroaddicted

Hw mch waz gas?
Old 08-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Sigma.40

Hw mch waz gas?
$40 totalfor 6 hours there and 6 hours back. My car gets really good gas mileage.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:01 AM
hpiracr28

ORIGINAL: Sigma.40

Hw mch waz gas?
$40 totalfor 6 hours there and 6 hours back. My car gets really good gas mileage.

lol you must drive a hyundai accent like me :P nice find though and good price. post vids man.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:41 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heh, not bad. Set the motor to defaults, fire it up and retune it, you should have a screamer.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:45 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Looks good. Those are Losi Zombie Maxx tires I beileive. They dont make them anymore either...
Old 08-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Sigma.40

ORIGINAL: hpiracr28

Hw mch waz gas?

lol you must drive a hyundai accent like me :P nice find though and good price. post vids man.
Olds Alero, 2.2 L 5 speed manual. It doesn't have much for power but I get phenomenal gas mileage. Can't post videos as I have no video camera. All money goes to RC.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:05 PM

Oooh, stickshift, that's unusual in America.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Sigma.40

ORIGINAL: 378

I prefer stick. Actually I am better at stick than automatic. I am so used to stick that sometimes when I am driving an automatic I will go to stop and put my foot down for the clutch and catch the corner of the brake pedal . In the 13 years that I have been driving I have owned a VW Jetta, 2 Porsches, an F150, a Range Rover and now an Alero. The Range Rover was the only auto. Even most of the vehicles that I drove in the Air Force were manual.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:52 PM

I prefer stick. Actually I am better at stick than automatic. I am so used to stick that sometimes when I am driving an automatic I will go to stop and put my foot down for the clutch and catch the corner of the brake pedal [img][/img]. In the 13 years that I have been driving I have owned a VW Jetta, 2 Porsches, an F150, a Range Rover and now an Alero. The Range Rover was the only auto. Even most of the vehicles that I drove in the Air Force were manual.
Same here. I insist on a manual, and it's saved me a pretty penny. If my F150 had an auto I'd be looking at 13MPG, not 17.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Sigma.40

I prefer stick. Actually I am better at stick than automatic. I am so used to stick that sometimes when I am driving an automatic I will go to stop and put my foot down for the clutch and catch the corner of the brake pedal [img][/img]. In the 13 years that I have been driving I have owned a VW Jetta, 2 Porsches, an F150, a Range Rover and now an Alero. The Range Rover was the only auto. Even most of the vehicles that I drove in the Air Force were manual.
Same here. I insist on a manual, and it's saved me a pretty penny. If my F150 had an auto I'd be looking at 13MPG, not 17.
Thats true. It gives you the option of better fuel economy or better acceleration. If I had really babied the clutch and gas, I probably could have made it to detroit and back using only $25-30 but I was too excited to get my XL for that.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:00 PM

Thats true. It gives you the option of better fuel economy or better acceleration. If I had really babied the clutch and gas, I probably could have made it to detroit and back using only $25-30 but I was too excited to get my XL for that.

I just shift at 1400RPM if I want to save gas. I can bump it up to 20MPG average if I do that over a whole tank.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Nitroaddicted

menul iz bttr dan aoto?
Old 08-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Sigma.40

I just shift at 1400RPM if I want to save gas. I can bump it up to 20MPG average if I do that over a whole tank.
Same here, and but if I need to get up and go I can. While I say it has no power, if I really need to get up and go, it has enoughpower to serve my needs. Actually my friend changed outliterally everything under my hood minus electrical and the block itself. It was $4000 worth of repairs that only cost me $1800. So that also help my fuel economy. My car has 161000 miles but most of the important parts are brand new or came off an Alero with only 34000 on it.

When he had it apart, he showed me my piston heads and said that he was shocked at how good a condition that they were in.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:09 PM
DarkFire989

It can be at sometimes if you drive like stated above and shift at low rpms. But sometimes you want to have fun and drive fast and let the rpms climb to the redline and that gets rid of the good economy.

Traffic though, sucks in a manual.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Sigma.40

menul iz bttr dan aoto?
Personal opinion...but yes
Old 08-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Nitroaddicted

i sty wif aoto, cept mi drt bke is menul. 2003 honda 250crf. 2 struk. fst!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:23 PM

Same here, and but if I need to get up and go I can. While I say it has no power, if I really need to get up and go, it has enough power to serve my needs. Actually my friend changed out literally everything under my hood minus electrical and the block itself. It was $4000 worth of repairs that only cost me $1800. So that also help my fuel economy. My car has 161000 miles but most of the important parts are brand new or came off an Alero with only 34000 on it.
Not bad at all.

When he had it apart, he showed me my piston heads and said that he was shocked at how good a condition that they were in.
I had to replace my head gasket at 265,000. If you want to see what the inside of an old engine looks like I can link you to my imageshack gallery.

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

It can be at sometimes if you drive like stated above and shift at low rpms. But sometimes you want to have fun and drive fast and let the rpms climb to the redline and that gets rid of the good economy.
My engine's too old for those sorts of shenanigans. IT runs out of power at just 3200RPM, whereas it's redline is 4100.

275K, and it doesn't leak or burn a drop of anything it isn't supposed to, so I ain't complainin'!

Traffic though, sucks in a manual.
I disagree, but maybe that's because I can make 65MPH in second gear, my engine absolutely hates it when I do that though as it's screaming along at 4100-4500 RPM, and therefore don't need to shift often.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Off topic, but let me just say... You couldn't pay me to drive an auto. Your clutch is a massive part of your control over your vehicle. People who have never driven manual don't know what they're missing. Traffic or not. I was born with arms and changing gears doesn't make them tired, nor does depressing the clutch make my leg tired, even though mine is very heavy and my car requires constant shifts due to the high revving engine (Honda S2000).

Sorry, back to topic!...
Old 08-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Sigma.40

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Off topic, but let me just say... You couldn't pay me to drive an auto. Your clutch is a massive part of your control over your vehicle. People who have never driven manual don't know what they're missing. Traffic or not. I was born with arms and changing gears doesn't make them tired, nor does depressing the clutch make my leg tired, even though mine is very heavy and my car requires constant shifts due to the high revving engine (Honda S2000).
+1
Old 08-15-2011, 02:01 PM
Nitroaddicted

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Sorry, back to topic!...
Rlly? Menul iz gud, spcilly funon a motercicl but aoto iz gud 4 a daly drver.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last post on this subject...as I said... Your clutch and control over what gear your car is in, is simply a level of control I would not want to be without, under any circumstances. My personal opinion, but then I live to drive. I guess it depends on how much you enjoy the actual driving part of getting from A to B.

Really, back to topic now please.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.