Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

friends who dont like my hobby

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:12 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: friends who dont like my hobby

i would get visions of jumping a 1/8 buggy and then doing a nose dive on some kids forehead if i did that.....

speaking of which i remember being at the track on a buisy day, a marshall was flipping cars over and one guy with a 1/8 jumps and hits him right in the ass, it looked like it hurt BAD, he got really angry and flipped that car over and walked away.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:25 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

i would get visions of jumping a 1/8 buggy and then doing a nose dive on some kids forehead if i did that.....

speaking of which i remember being at the track on a buisy day, a marshall was flipping cars over and one guy with a 1/8 jumps and hits him right in the ass, it looked like it hurt BAD, he got really angry and flipped that car over and walked away.
It's funny how people don't like being made a fool of or being laughed at[&:], especially when they are doing something that helps others. Did anyone ask if he was ok or was the driver sorry? I have seen things like this happen not at an R/C track but just in general day to day life and the person on the receiving end is normally told to "suck it up" while the offender almost gets a pat on the back for doing something "funny".
Old 01-26-2012, 09:39 PM
The_Shark

thats life, its never fun being the butt of the joke (in the marshall's case literally) a funny person will make fun of people in general not hurting a single person, someone who isnt funny picks and humiliates someone thats within sight and an easy target. really those people are just insecure with themselves, so attacking someone else's flaws in front of other people gives them a rise, a false sense of security, these people usually become lazy, kiss ass, lonely losers.

humor today isnt funny to me, sex jokes, crude jokes, racist jokes, thats about it, nothing is witty, nothing even takes more than a single brain cell to get the joke, therefore its not really a joke, just a taboo discusting statement.

as far as the marshall, i think he was buised because he limped as he walked and quit shortly after that hit, i mean that car was at least doing 20mph.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:13 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

It's hard to feel pity for somebody that's voluntarily standing in the middle of a dirt field dodging 10 lb 40 mph cars though.

ThunderbirdJunkie has gotten railed by more than a couple 1/8 scale cars. It sucks, but you're out there on your own accord, nobody's making you do nothin' [&:]
Old 01-26-2012, 10:23 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

I'm with you on whole humor today thing. I think I have a good sense of humor but I can't stand some of the down right offensive things people joke about this day in age. I am so over sex jokes that I have threatened to take legal action over this guy in my workplace who thinks the more disgusting he can be the more funny he is. Some people today just don't get it.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:29 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

It's hard to feel pity for somebody that's voluntarily standing in the middle of a dirt field dodging 10 lb 40 mph cars though.

ThunderbirdJunkie has gotten railed by more than a couple 1/8 scale cars. It sucks, but you're out there on your own accord, nobody's making you do nothin' [&:]
Or we could just not have them and make drivers run from the stand to flip over their own cars... wouldn't that make life interesting.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:36 PM
The_Shark

i think he is an employee of the track. must've been his duty for the shift.

lucky he left because then two big ole 1/5 got there 20minutes later, and had to be flipped over every 2 minutes (track was too small for my 1/8) i got my car off that track pronto, they both trashed the suspensions on those cars, just too big for that track.

to the kennykiller i blame today's smutty humor on family guy and south park, it all stemmed from that. shock value.
(though there are a couple genuinly funny south parks)
Old 01-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

I hate Family Guy. Its the one thing I won't let my daughter watch.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:02 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sigma.40

I hate Family Guy. Its the one thing I won't let my daughter watch.
I'll be honest I find the Family Guy tries too hard to be funny to the point they have to explain jokes which royally kills it.
South Park I usually do find funny a lot of the time due to them just making a mockery of current events, and pointing out how utterly stupid a lot of them are.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:21 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

i think he is an employee of the track. must've been his duty for the shift.

lucky he left because then two big ole 1/5 got there 20minutes later, and had to be flipped over every 2 minutes (track was too small for my 1/8) i got my car off that track pronto, they both trashed the suspensions on those cars, just too big for that track.

to the kennykiller i blame today's smutty humor on family guy and south park, it all stemmed from that. shock value.
(though there are a couple genuinly funny south parks)
Yeah, and Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, and George Carlin had nothing at all to do with it[&:] That was the whole reason Bill Cosby got popular in the same era...he was NOT that way.

Raunchy humor has been around for longer than anybody on RCU has been alive...it's just gotten more popular and mainstream.

South Park might as well come on after Teletubbies when you start listening to George Carlin.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:58 PM
The_Shark

i hate that atheist ******* george carlin (smokin in hell now) SOME things where funny and true, but for the most time it was discusting and god bashing.

crude tactless jokes have been around for a LONG time but family guy and south park made it mainstream.

.... what the hell are we talking about?
Old 01-28-2012, 03:41 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

i hate that atheist ******* george carlin (smokin in hell now) SOME things where funny and true, but for the most time it was discusting and god bashing.

crude tactless jokes have been around for a LONG time but family guy and south park made it mainstream.

.... what the hell are we talking about?
They were mainstream long before South Park. You realize that show started when you were like 3 or 4 right?

South Park and Family Guy became popular because crude stuff was popular.

No reason to hate somebody because their religious beliefs differ from yours. Go listen to some Slayer[&:]
Old 01-28-2012, 06:11 PM
RC Scab Ab

Maybe you should find some new friends - ass!