Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I officially have a problem

Old 02-29-2012, 07:31 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I officially have a problem

So I have yet to even run my Losi 810 a day (other than break-in) and am already jones'ing for a new car. I have been THRILLEDwith the OFNA Hyper 7. The Exceed Forza is getting an extreme make-over (Project Forza Overhaul), which I will complete this weekend.

It's a good thing the LOSI is benched until Iget my return throttle servo as that will satisfy my craving for a "new car" when I get it replaced.

My son has already promised to buy me anon-road car for my birthday in June (I'm looking at the Inferno GT2 or HPI RS4 Drift). He's only 11, but I'll seeto it he getsthat gift funded.;-)

In the interim, I actually started to buy the HPI Trophy 3.5 buggy today...a ride I've had my eye on for some time. However, I got side-tracked by thinking how much we love the OFNA Hyper 7, and started looking at the 8.5. Then that got me looking at the JamminX-1 (I've heard great things), etc. etc. Then it hit me....I want all these dang cars! ;-)

I'd love to hear from folks that have either the Trophy 3.5, Hyper 8.5, or the Jammin X-1...pros and cons. Thanks!

Old 02-29-2012, 07:38 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: I officially have a problem

jammin x1x only con I had with it is the steering servo is crap(seriously I put it in a extremely light 1/0th and it could barely turn the wheels). Other slight issue is the radios am ($20 hobbypartz.com special fixes that )
I've royally whacked mine into things, and broke not a damn thing outside of a crack in the body(what its there for). Seriously prior to buying mine I talked to a guy who owned 2, and he told me how they tried to destroy the one(he wanted a good reason to buy the X2) by jumping it off a 2 story house. He said after 4 attempts they broke a rear upright which cost them $10 to fix, and just gave up.
If you plan on doing insane jumps get the optional Z-race (actually that is recommended period), and the CNC'd center braces. If not planning on trying to jump your house, a bus, or a van you can ignore those
Old 02-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been there done that... I have gone a little out of control lately.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:35 PM
echthelion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have you thought about a Truggy or MT? the buggys you named if your just going to bash you'll realy gain nothing over the hyper 7 and losi 810 you have. or upgrade the ones you got rechargable 6v hump packs are nice they give your servos more speed and torque. more sets of tires on and off road and of course better servos
Old 02-29-2012, 09:59 PM
The_Shark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for onroad "I" would buy a ofna JL10e drift (if thats the name) and a extra set of regular tires.

seriously a good looking kit for $116, dual belt driven, woven double deck FRP frame, oil filled diffs- the works!