Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Why is anything in RC controversial?

Old 07-06-2012, 06:57 AM
Eman77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why is anything in RC controversial?

True.

But it still sucks.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:07 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

A the moment, this hobby is literally flooded with newbies who(for the most part) pack the forums with questions that have been answered countless times over and could easily be looked up either via google or forum searches. Please forgive me if I and other experienced RCers get tired of answering a beginners question only to have someone else post the exact same question a couple of days later. I'm sorry, but I find it rather frustrating.
There are no more or no less "newbies"asking the same questions than there were a couple of years ago. If anything, the data suggests that there are actually fewer people doing it. (Web traffic data indicates that site traffic on many forums is down compared to a year ago)

The more experience you gain in a hobby, the more you start to notice the repetition of the questions, that's all.

There is a common thread in a lot of hobbies that makes it almost comical.

Read a car club forum. What do the newbies generally ask?

What is the best/cheapest/fastest mod for my '93 Turbo POS?
Should Ibuy a '93 Turbo POS with 1xx,xxx miles or should I get the '91 V6POS?
Ijust started my '93 Turbo POS and it won't idle. What is wrong with it?
Just bought a '93 Turbo POS. What mods are must do?
Fixing up my '93 Turbo POS. Want to add Nitrous. Anyone have a detailed how-to thread with pics?

Sound familiar to anyone?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:43 AM
[email protected]

ive been flying fsince 1945 iam now 80 i fly what i like and buy what i like and dont give a darn what people say i just enjoy myself
Old 07-06-2012, 10:19 AM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: LaTuFu

A the moment, this hobby is literally flooded with newbies who(for the most part) pack the forums with questions that have been answered countless times over and could easily be looked up either via google or forum searches. Please forgive me if I and other experienced RCers get tired of answering a beginners question only to have someone else post the exact same question a couple of days later. I'm sorry, but I find it rather frustrating.
There are no more or no less ''newbies'' asking the same questions than there were a couple of years ago. If anything, the data suggests that there are actually fewer people doing it. (Web traffic data indicates that site traffic on many forums is down compared to a year ago)

I'm referring to more than a couple years ago. I'm talking before the short course craze and traxxas' ever expanding marketing got started.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:39 PM
LaTuFu

There are no more or no less ''newbies''asking the same questions than there were a couple of years ago. If anything, the data suggests that there are actually fewer people doing it. (Web traffic data indicates that site traffic on many forums is down compared to a year ago)

I'm referring to more than a couple years ago. I'm talking before the short course craze and traxxas' ever expanding marketing got started.
Move the calendar back farther if you want, the end result still is the same.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Eman77

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

ive been flying fsince 1945 iam now 80 i fly what i like and buy what i like and dont give a darn what people say i just enjoy myself
That's the best way to handle it, really. Good for you sir!
Old 07-06-2012, 01:25 PM
The Mad Modder

There are no more or no less ''newbies'' asking the same questions than there were a couple of years ago. If anything, the data suggests that there are actually fewer people doing it. (Web traffic data indicates that site traffic on many forums is down compared to a year ago)

Move the calendar back farther if you want, the end result still is the same.

What does that even have to do with the fact that there are currently a lot of newbies? I never said that there are more than ever before, just that it seems that there are a lot of them because of all the repeat questions.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:06 PM
FahrtAutoRC

This has SOMETHING to do with model aviation!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Microz

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

This has SOMETHING to do with model aviation!!!
I have to agree there my ground dwelling friend.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:26 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once again: not controrversial, but another suggested article I'd like to see is "Top 5 Reasons to Help Kids Get into RC". There are many worse thing kids of all ages can be doing than maintaing/building/racing RC cars. This seems to be a hobby that keeps allkids well-rounded. Everyone thinks its cool...and it's a hobby they can continue for life. ;-)
Old 07-07-2012, 07:23 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Take it from me, John, RC does not keep anyone out of trouble, it just gives a kind of an outlet. Saturday racing has no pull on Wednesday gunplay, it only takes two minutes to fight, etc etc
Old 07-07-2012, 11:38 AM
JohnP2

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

Take it from me, John, RC does not keep anyone out of trouble, it just gives a kind of an outlet. Saturday racing has no pull on Wednesday gunplay, it only takes two minutes to fight, etc etc
Understood, however I did not state it prevents kids from getting in trouble-I just feel it helps decrease the risk of it. I'm confident we can agree that,in a general sense,any child who becomes bored is more likely to deviate than those who are occupied. This is one reason "extra-curricular" activities are so often encouraged. My point being that this is a hobby one can begin at an early age and continue through life.

Anyway, this is one reason why it would be an interesting article...I'm personally a proponent for anything that allows kids to become engaged with this hobby.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:36 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this thread is getting silly too, Im out
Old 07-07-2012, 03:52 PM
JohnP2

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Apologies as I meant to post this in the original thread concerning the HuntingTerminator's inquiry for article writingthe titles are extremely similar. I assume your retort of"silly" was not directed atme andinstead would man up and call me out directly if you had an issue. ;-)

Once again, apologies for posting in the wrong thread here although it was long ago hijacked anyway. ;-)
Old 07-07-2012, 04:17 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

getting?
it was silly since get go
Old 07-07-2012, 05:29 PM
JohnP2

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

getting?
And thus the greatness of this forum. ;-)
Old 07-08-2012, 12:53 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

getting?
And thus the greatness of this forum. ;-)
lol come on tho,
3 pages of philosophers.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:13 AM
FahrtAutoRC

lol come on tho,
3 pages of philosophers.
Yes, but why?