Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Lipo ummmm Issue? "Question"

Old 07-09-2012, 09:04 PM
themilobox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo ummmm Issue? "Question"

Sooo,,I have this Onyx 2s 5700 25cliposoft pack and I got it wet the other day not thinking while bashing, Water got into the leads and the shrink.. As I was inspecting it, I thought I noticed the one side/cell "not both" had the smallest amount of looseness. Like puff but not really, just felt not tight anymore. Not like the other side or my otherliposanyway... so I had to take the shrink off togetthe water out and figured I would look at it then. Maybe it shorted a little and puffed the one cell the tiniest bit. So I took the shrink off and the cell bag felt loose but still was good under.. Like I cant tell what the hell is going on. So I re wrapped it with electrical real tight and nice and figured I would keep a close eye on it. I did notice one cell at cutoff voltage and full charge is like a .1 or .2 v off while of course my others are spot on and only ever off by a .01. So I'm feeling something happened... Anyway.. I used it today and was fine. I got home and wanted to check it again, so I took the new wrap off and now where the slackwas had creased and just makes me nervous. I do understand the whole "When indoubt,Throw it out" deal. ButI'mfar from an expert at this stuff and figured you guys would know more than me. Am I being over paranoid? Please let me know what you guys think..

Thanks![/b]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48277.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1780292   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93884.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1780293   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd81438.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	1780294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn85275.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1780295  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:57 AM
jayjay283

Default RE: Lipo ummmm Issue?

looks fine, obviously you wont be racing with it, as a basher duct tape it up and play with it, check the temps with your Infrared Temperature Gauge and make sure it isnt super hot on one side or the other after a good run, although it wont matter its pretty much at the end of its life
Old 07-10-2012, 06:05 PM
thehuntingterminator

I would cover it with some tough tape and run it. Just be careful and watch it. Should be alright though.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:11 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hook it up to a neon tube balast and then open it with a rock

just kidding.

just don't use it when and if it puffs.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:21 PM
savagecommander

the first thing to go is capacity-that, or if it starts taking less mah's or heats up during charging, toss it, otherwise, you should be good.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:24 PM
themilobox

Thanks Guys! Yea it was covered but for some reason I covered it too much and freaked out that I then couldn't tell what was going on inside lol. I then uncovered it for inspection and found the crease.. I guess from wrapping it tight? But Its re wrapped now in the good real duck tape. I ran it and charged it today. Never gets hot or even mildly warm ever. Its only 2 weeks old so thats why Im upset..but anyway I guess with all the crazy posts and people making it out to sound like using a lipo is like messing with Armageddon. Myself being a nitro guy and being new to it. It just freaks me out. Like I sit here looking over at them from time to time worrying when they will randomly go off. lol I know its probably silly but all the hype has made me feel this way.. Well anyway thanks much for the advise. Ill keep an eye on it. I'm not the richest guy in the world and cant pay $55 for a new one right now..

Thanks again
Old 07-10-2012, 06:30 PM
themilobox

BTW, are the containment bags supposed to be tightly vacuum sealed and hard, do some get loose randomly? Is it a sign? normal wear? other thank the obvious look of one puffing up. Just trying to learn what to look for and understand the physical signs of "Something is wrong here".

Thanks