Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Mud is a *****!

Old 10-16-2012, 04:35 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mud is a *****!

So we took our Savage X 4.6 for some light bashing (see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqozx6dlr0E). Go to 4:47 of that video to see the mud I'm talking about (and the inside was WORSE). Every nook and cranny had dried mud on the inside and would not come off with brushes (ultra-soft through steel)..

I have spent about six hours cleaning all that mud off it. For those unaware...I am a FREAK about keeping my vehicles clean (as in "out of the box" clean). I had to take multiple parts off to clean and wash.Example, the mud was so difficult to getoff the spur gear and pinion,I had to remove both to properly clean. I put the air-pressure at 140 PSI and still could not get rid of certain pieces of mud. Ugh!

Thegood newsis I made avideo on different cleaning products compare (Pro-Tek, Losi Nitro-Tec, DynamiteMagnum Force2,AE Nitro Clean, etc.). cause I used them all...along with good old fashioned soap/water/Simple Green.

Here's a hint....Pro-Tek won HANDSDOWN.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:58 PM
nitroexpress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mud is a *****!

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

So we took our Savage X 4.6 for some light bashing (see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqozx6dlr0E). Go to 4:47 of that video to see the mud I'm talking about (and the inside was WORSE). Every nook and cranny had dried mud on the inside and would not come off with brushes (ultra-soft through steel)..

I have spent about six hours cleaning all that mud off it. For those unaware...I am a FREAK about keeping my vehicles clean (as in "out of the box" clean). I had to take multiple parts off to clean and wash.Example, the mud was so difficult to getoff the spur gear and pinion,I had to remove both to properly clean. I put the air-pressure at 140 PSI and still could not get rid of certain pieces of mud. Ugh!

Thegood newsis I made avideo on different cleaning products compare (Pro-Tek, Losi Nitro-Tec, DynamiteMagnum Force2,AE Nitro Clean, etc.). cause I used them all...along with good old fashioned soap/water/Simple Green.

Here's a hint....Pro-Tek won HANDSDOWN.
I've used ProTek products before and they work good. Although concentrated, $83+ per gallonis just too much. Use the right tool for the job and high priced cleaners are not needed.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:58 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Mud is a ****!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH... THAT SONG!!!!WHY??????? lol

cool video but the song killed it for me
Old 10-17-2012, 07:24 AM
pcarluvr

4:47??? It's only 4:43 in length....LOL....
Old 10-17-2012, 01:21 PM
JohnP2

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

AHHHHHHHHHHHH... THAT SONG!!!!WHY??????? lol

cool video but the song killed it for me
Nothing wrong with some old school EWF. ;-) I actually originally uploaded it with some P-Funk, but it was copyrighted. ;-(

NITROEXPRESS: Not sure where you are getting $83 per gallon. I paid $9.99 for 32 oz, which I believe converts to $40 per gallon, correct? Regardless, because it works so good (and concentrated), I don't even need much. Additionally, what "tools" would you recommend? I'm open to any suggestions as I've tried virtually every way I know to clean my vehicles and always open for areas where I can be more efficient.

PCARLUVR: Sorry about that. I mean 4:37.

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:28 PM
nitroexpress

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

NITROEXPRESS: Not sure where you are getting $83 per gallon. I paid $9.99 for 32 oz, which I believe converts to $40 per gallon, correct? Regardless, because it works so good (and concentrated), I don't even need much. Additionally, what "tools" would you recommend? I'm open to any suggestions as I've tried virtually every way I know to clean my vehicles and always open for areas where I can be more efficient.

Thanks!
Old 10-17-2012, 04:26 PM
JohnP2

Ugh!!

I swear I do not smoke crack. :-) I duly apologize, as I meant to state TrakPower won hands down (not ProTek). It's that damn mispelling using a 'k' instead of 'ck' or 'ch', respectively that confused me.

TrakPower is what I paid $9.99 for that beat all the other cleaning agents (including the Pro Tek multi-purpose). So perhaps we are on the same page. ;-)

Anyway, video soon to come on it.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:06 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how does it compare to truck wash?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:34 AM
bronco25ton
My Feedback: (-2)

MUD ISGOOD!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:58 PM
SLAYERDUDE

I just let mine fester and the mud falls off during the next bash sesh.

But if you give a quick overspray with WD40 while it's clean you will protect the parts and the mud will fall off next time.

Mud sticks to clean stuff, not so much to WaterDisplacing40.