Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Low tech video

Old 10-27-2012, 08:21 AM
Ttowntoolman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low tech video

Guys, I am low tech when it comes to cell phones and computers blah blah blah. I only have computer access at work, dont own one of these money grubing boxes. I have a cell but I am not willing to do more than pay as you go as I only pay a bit over $40 every six months. A tight wad with low tech has a hard time trying to post a picture or a video (ME) for you all to look at. Got any ideas how I can post a video or even pictures? I dont have a you tube account or have any photo bucket access that I know of. I do have an interesting video to share just dont know how at this point. OPEN to IDEAS......
Old 10-27-2012, 08:28 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Low tech video

ORIGINAL: Ttowntoolman

Guys, I am low tech when it comes to cell phones and computers blah blah blah. I only have computer access at work, dont own one of these money grubing boxes. I have a cell but I am not willing to do more than pay as you go as I only pay a bit over $40 every six months. A tight wad with low tech has a hard time trying to post a picture or a video (ME) for you all to look at. Got any ideas how I can post a video or even pictures? I dont have a you tube account or have any photo bucket access that I know of. I do have an interesting video to share just dont know how at this point. OPEN to IDEAS......
my only thought is to buy a flip mino HD camera. I bought mine used off ebay for $50 shipped. Its simple to use, and plugs into a computer's usb port to download vids. Once its on a computer, just upload it to youtube.

Your phone may have a usb link port. But most phone's video is horrible quality.

The flip mino or similar type pocket digital camera is the cheapest way to post decent quality videos.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:57 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ttowntoolman

what format do you have the video stored on ? you can always just put the video on a CD or USB drive and mail it to someone to have them make a youtube video......... you can also email the video to someone using a service such as yousendit.......... If its a video you need processed you can mail me the files and I will put it to youtube for you
Old 10-27-2012, 03:41 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can help. I might not know much about rc cars....but technology is what I do in my "real life" (I artchitect computer software). ;-)

I'll shoot you a PM with the least you need to know to get you started.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:19 PM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

Tinypic ( http://tinypic.com/ ) allows anonymous video uploading without an account
Old 10-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Ttowntoolman

Thanks for all the replies, you guys are great help. I was gonna vid my Savage with my clocked 28-7 nova in it doing a speed run. Yea I know I said "why would you do a speed run with a savage". And I still think it's not a real good idea cause this is a big truck ment to pound off road, blah blah blah.......whatever I got sucked in......

So all I own is a Garmin Rino 110 wich is a heavy old school hand held GPS unit, about 3 lbs or so. Whatever, I strapped it in my savage and made a pull with the gearing I had and it did 51.1mph. Woopie, need to order clutch bell and spur. Did that last week and now yesterday a got a new HD video cam so I was all exited to run it again and shoot vid.

So yesterday after work and camera purchase, I rolled home to get it done. Jammed everything into the back of the truck and went to my location and fired things up. Did a warm up pass as it was only 41 degrees F outside. Put the camera down into position and attached GPS to truck. Ran her wide open screeming past the camera and into the ditch.......ejected the gps, and smashed a hole in the gas tank on the savage. [:-] [&o] Need a new gps now......forgot to push record on video......got nothing but a new attitude.

Gps goes on, but if you just tap on it a little, it goes out. Hole in gas tank from rear shock bolt jaming forward into tank when it crashed. Bad attitude was free!

Old 10-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

I can understand the frustration. I wish there was a way to upload videos without Youtube. I've given up on Youtube. I keep making Youtube accounts and thay keep getting closed. I have never posted a video or even made a comment on someone else's video so there is no reason for them to remove my membership, but they do!