Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Mamba Max Pro ESC problem

Old 12-13-2012, 09:18 PM
cirec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mamba Max Pro ESC problem

Sometimes my ESC goes to neutral for a few seconds while I'm in throttle. Today it was OK for two qualifiers and then in the main, the ESC went bad. Thank God it's still on warranty. (ends January 3) Maybe the problem is from my radio. I've had my SC10 run away at full throttle before. I'm using a Spektrum DX3E.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:33 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Mamba Max Pro ESC problem

Are you recallibrating it when it goes wrong? When you do recallibrate, don't forget to make sure trims are neutral on radio. If you've tried recallibrating and it still does it, check the settings on a PC with a castle link.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:22 PM
cirec

I recalibrated it after it went bad. Right now the ESC is performing correctly. It goes bad after a while. The throttle trim was on neutral when I calibrated it. I don't have a Castle Link. I was told to try using a capacitor on the receiver.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:29 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: cirec

I recalibrated it after it went bad. Right now the ESC is performing correctly. It goes bad after a while. The throttle trim was on neutral when I calibrated it. I don't have a Castle Link. I was told to try using a capacitor on the receiver.
I think if the esc has memory on it, it is dead. Try the "glitch buster" (capacitor) as most companies call it before assuming the worse. How long have you had the ESC? If a short amount of time, it could still be under warranty.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:37 AM
cirec

I had the ESC for a year. The warranty ends on January 3, 2013. I ended up getting a Castle link. The settings were all on default. I'll go to the hobby shop tomorrow to get a capacitor and run it on the track to test it.