Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 06:28 PM
JohnP2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Racing

I will say this. Racing nitro 1/8 buggies/truggies has been the most intense experience to-date for my son and I. Man, if you're a wrencher you got to get in to this, It's insane! It's so much fun an addictive, and everyone is so friendly. Andrew is shocked at how many people are int to "the hobby". The best part is you can get a ZILLIONtips/tricks from folks, andmod your car for a constent environment Of course I love bashing much (who the hell doesn't?), but racing is taking it to another level. Wow

If you get the chance....Go Racing!

Old 03-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Haddi Taha

Default RE: Racing

I wish a proper offroad track will open closer to my house, that will fit 1/8 buggies and truggies too
Old 03-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do miss it, but family means my sundays are no longer my own...
Old 03-04-2013, 02:00 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cash is holding me back... Im so keen to geting into 1/8 offroad EP buggy and box stock Traxxas Slash racing.

The slash racing looks like so much fun, High COG 2wd slash on a tight indoor track.... Its more about not crashing than winning lol

im slowly collecting parts for it, week by week. some day....
Old 03-04-2013, 05:29 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No exterior tracks close enough to my home to allow for me to race. Too many months of the year with temps too low as well. Need a heated well ventilated indoor arena that would allow for nitro racing with air scrubbers and such. I would be there every weekend if someone had the bucks to open one. While my area does have some well off people who could afford to do this, too much of it is dependent on welfare to consider rc racing as a viable option. Good news, 5 more murdered in Bmore over the weekend, population reduction going as planned.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Dads like rc too

We had an indoor track in my area, sadly lack of customers forced it's closing. Luckily we have a pro outdoor offroad track here. It's a lot of fun on the weekends. I don't see racing in my future though, really have a hard time keeping up with my kids and mine equipment just bashing around. Racing would just take my addiction to a whole other level that I'm not sure my wife could handle.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 AM
ejc34710

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All we have around here is a very small outdoor onroad track. I used to race onroad back a while ago and while it was fun, id much rather race off road. AFAIK, there are no off road tracks any where near me, so bummer for me.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:51 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

u guys got any good photos of running on a track?

Hows this, 1/5 scale ripping up a 1/8 track.....

Old 03-04-2013, 07:10 PM
JohnP2

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

u guys got any good photos of running on a track?
No, not yet. We've been so focused tuning vehicles for the track I've not had a chance to capture anything. I''ll definitely be rolling some file this week during Andrew's race. The only thing I have on my track is us running it for the first time in our RTR cars a 3-4 months ago (you can see on our YouTube channel). This got us hooked. We're both a zlllion times better now running race-specific vehicles, and the B-Main is going to know there is new competition. Ha! I like that track in your photos. I've not run at any other tracks, but ours seems pretty techniical based on all the other tracks I've seen.