Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Ofna DM-1 Spec or Kyosho Inferno GT2

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 07:54 PM
jonv3232

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna DM-1 Spec or Kyosho Inferno GT2

Which car should i get and why? Which car is more durable, faster, and worth more for the money. Thank You in advanced.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:07 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Ofna DM-1 Spec or Kyosho Inferno GT2

Go with the OFNA. They are tough as nails.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:45 AM
The Hedgehog

Both are comparable in quality and price. Stock engines on both are okay, real fun happens when you swap out the engine on both. I have the Kyosho but the Ofnas I have seen are just as good.

If I had to do it all over again I would just pick up whatever the better deal is at the moment as far as price goes.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a fundamental difference between the two, which for me, makes the Kyosho and breaks the DM-One.

Wheelbase. The GT2 is the second evolution of the line and has a lengthened wheelbase. While this means little in practical terms (it is slightly better for overall handling), it does dictate what bodies each car can wear. Originally, all GT type on-roaders were based not just partially, but wholely on an existing 1/8th buggy, with little change but tires and body. In the case of the original Inferno GT, it was based on the Inferno buggy. Buggies have a wide fat stance, and as such, all the GT cars that came out before the GT2 were short nd fat compared to their real life counterparts, and subsequently had rather non-scale looking bodies. The GT2 and other cars of similar length wheelbase, are able to wear much more realistic looking bodies, due to the extended length.

For me, that matters, for you, who knows.... There may even be a long wheelbase chassis for the DM One that I don't know about (maybe I should ask RC Monster Mike if he feels like making one).