Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

How to start up rc races/events

Old 12-31-2013, 03:30 PM
Rctrailstomper24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to start up rc races/events

So I am not a professional of any sort have been into rc for a while and I only seem to read about gatherings and things of the sort so I started to think why not start my own I was thinking of doing all different types of events so I will try to find an area that is already mixed terrain but I will cordon off certain tracks/events I just need some help fine tuning my plan and ideas to get the word out and track/event ideas PLEASE!! Nobody tell me to go to the local track and enter a race I don't like rules I will be setting a set of rules but no where near some I've heard come from tracks so please just ideas to help me I'm pretty serious and want to start pretty quick thanks
Old 12-31-2013, 04:35 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first thing you should do is find a location and ask permission from the owner. If you are looking to have a less formal event, see if you can advertise the date(s) and times at your local hobby shop. Not to be a downer, but you also need to consider potential liability issues if anyone or property get injured or damaged
Old 12-31-2013, 04:40 PM
phmaximus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think ur are going to have a hard time convincing people to drive with you especially if u don't like rules and plan to make ur own. Most of the rules and guidelines that the tracks use are from official governing bodies with a lot of experance in both driving and governing. those people are real professionals.

so if there is already a proper track that complies to the ROAR's guidelines and governed by local professionals with properly thousands spent on track work and a decent following of rc drivers

How are u going to make ur "club" more appealing to the average rc joe? for people to come it needs to be bigger and better
Old 12-31-2013, 09:01 PM
Rctrailstomper24

Let me clarify I want a multi event type deal I want rock crawlers all the way to short course races and it's not so much rules I guess I just want a type of friendly gathering to going rcing any type they want all in one place sorry for sounding like a complete rule breaking idiot
Old 12-31-2013, 11:00 PM
phmaximus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ahhh im with ya.... its sounding like a very cool idea...

So it would be like "a big day out" but for rc cars?

One of our local tracks did something like that. There was a 1/1 4x4 show and shine day. so they setup a little crawler track that anyone could use, BYO rc cars
They used Facebook and notice boards to promote the event.

First things to start with would be...
How big is ur loacal rc community?
is there someone "in the know" that can help?
would it be done on private land?
who is liable for personal injuries?

then go nuts on planing
Old 01-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Rctrailstomper24

Thanks for all the help so far but let's get creative let me get your ideas on things like terrain/events other than the norm (sc,oval,drift,crawling,mudding,maybe a drag) and materials to build track dividers and stuff Also will a drift car drift on the smooth side of Masonite/hardboard?
Old 01-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

To start your own gatherings you need people.. Not only do you need people you need to actually go out and do it. Even if its just two or three people. Its actually going out and making the effort to make it better. To make it enjoyable is what starts events. As they say Rome wasnt built in a day.