Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

my rampage xt not starting

Old 02-14-2014, 12:14 PM
jhie1510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my rampage xt not starting

need help because my rampage xt wont start after i mess up with my high speed needle [HSN] and low speed needle [LSN] adjustment.Can someone help put back the setting to original position
Old 02-14-2014, 06:58 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

jump online.... and see if the manufacture has a downloadable manual... it should have the settings in there...
Allso just check the glow plug....to be sure, to be sure, to be sure.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:26 AM
pcarluvr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Rampage XT would have a spark plug....Just sayin.... Plus Redcat's have that poopy clone carb on them....
Old 02-19-2014, 06:42 PM
phmaximus

oops my bad lol....

jump online.... and see if the manufacture has a downloadable manual... it should have the settings in there...
Allso just check the spark....to be sure, to be sure, to be sure.

without sounding rude, why would u try to tune a motor with out knowing how to do it? it seems to be hapining a lot. Wouldent the setting be in the manual?

am I the only one that reads the manual and keeps it?
Old 02-20-2014, 09:46 AM
pcarluvr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phmaximus
oops my bad lol....

Allso just check the spark....to be sure, to be sure, to be sure.

without sounding rude, why would u try to tune a motor with out knowing how to do it? it seems to be hapining a lot. Wouldent the setting be in the manual?

am I the only one that reads the manual and keeps it?
You are correct, most noobs (newbs) start to screw with the screws as soon as they notice something wrong or want more power without proper knowledge of what they do. And most are not reserved enough to actually read the manual cause quite frankly, when they get the box and their new toy just arrived, charge it or fuel it and go create some carnage cause they (Me) are sooooo excited! It takes a lot of self preservation to actually sit down, go over it, add loctite where needed, and actually read the manual. They (Me) will learn in the future!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:35 PM
phmaximus

I'm all for manuals... Dead set. With all the cars lately I've read the manual online before I've brought the car.

hows... U would not believe reading the manual on my first nitro car stuffed me up.... It came with a video and apparently I was meant to watch that....but me been me read the manual and went over everything.... Even adjusted the HSN and LSH to factory setting...
Problem... Car wouldn't start. And when it finally did it would stall at idle.
cause... Me. I messed with the needles with out really knowing what I was doing. If I had just watched the video I would of known that the mixture screws are all preset... And I shouldn't need to touch them with the first few tanks of running in.... In short the it was flooding because it was to rich.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:49 PM
phmaximus

Originally Posted by jhie1510
need help because my rampage xt wont start after i mess up with my high speed needle [HSN] and low speed needle [LSN] adjustment.Can someone help put back the setting to original position
But to get back to it

try slowly and carefully winding both screws all the way in until u feel them start to bind. Don't over tighten them!!! U only need to screw them untill they just touch/bind.

next

LSN unscrew 1 1/4 turns.
HSN unscrew 1 1/2 turns.

Start motor.... Tune HSN needle first with the motor running... There is two ways.

Safest... High speed runs. Turn screw out 1/8 of a turn and observe difference in speed on a high speed run.

not so safe....but easier... Bench tuning, support the car so its stable with the wheels of the ground.
start the car and once warm get a helper to hold full throttle for a 10 seconds or untill u say stop while turning the HSN. U want to find that sweet spot where u can hear max RPM...

then its time for the LSN...
this is where u observe the acceleration and sound of the motor.... Just keep moving the screw clockwise until its noticeable slower then take note of that position, them turn the screw anticlockwise untill it speeds up again then starts to go noticeable slower and take note of that position. U will find the sweet spot is in between those 2 points... And that are not that far apart.

oh if u had to considerably turned the LSN, u will have to re-do the HSN then the LSN again.
Old 06-20-2020, 04:48 PM
denniswoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always go rich with your needles for starters, if this is a new car/engine you will want it to idle through about 2 full tanks, lean engines will burn up really fast. Like was said here low needle 11/4 turn out, high needle 11/2, on stock walbro carbs. Turn in both needles until they stop do nor force them down just a light touch until you feel the needle bottom then count the turns out. Any adjustments should be out/rich and only 1/8 turn at a time, once engine has broken in you cal lean them out but always keep a margin of safety a little rich is always better. The low needle you will turn it out until the rpms drop turn back in you will hear the engine speed up then rpms drop that is lean, turn back out about 1/4 to 1/2 turn for break in. I like to see smoke coming out the exhaust during break-in lots of oil/rich or called running fat. Good luck and have fun.