Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Question on waterproofing my Deadbolt

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Question on waterproofing my Deadbolt

Old 05-01-2014, 10:08 AM
ScottRPriester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on waterproofing my Deadbolt

I have a completely stock Deadbolt that I want to waterproof, and I'm no good at knowing what ESC's and Receivers will work with what, so, regarding my vehicle being stock, and considerig I have a Spectrum DX3C radio, what kind of combination of ESC, Receiver, and Servo would you recommend? I have a 100 gift card to use and know I'll probably have to throw in approx 30 to 40 more for one of the components.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 05-01-2014, 02:22 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have a Spectrum radio, you'll probably want to stick with a Spectrum receiver. The 2.4ghz spread-spectrum algorithm , or what method used, varies by manufacturer. i.e. FASST , FHSS , etc. You have a number of vehicles. Have you looked at FlySky? http://www.amazon.com/FLYSKY-FS-GT3C.../dp/B008YSI7V4 I have this radio, it's great for the price, $60. Ten car memory, End Points, Expo, ABS.... rechargeable battery pack.

Servo, hard to go wrong with HiTec. You'll want one with lots of torque. I'm sure they make "waterproof" servos just for your application. Waterproof is a misnomer. Water-Resistant is more accurate. Always a good idea to do a good clean-and-dry job if you've been out splashing around, followed by a good lube. Just stay away from Savox. Power-hungry suckers. Seem to give lots of people issues.

I have used Plasti-Dip Spray on receivers and servos for waterproofing, and Liquid Tape on ESCs. Liquid Tape is a good product to have around.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:50 PM
rowdy3128

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for water proofing I like liquid ele tape & balloons.........