Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Track

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 01:48 PM
run91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Track

Hi all,

I work at a children home and I would like to get the kids involved in RC racing cars. I am going with 1/10th scale and the track will be in a gym. What I would like to know is how to build a indoor track and what are some of the guild lines as to how wide it should be and I want to get off the tile floor and us something else so it won't be so slick. I would like to race about four cars at a time. Can anyone help? Thanks

Bob
Old 05-05-2014, 04:56 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Build an indoor track by using cones. I'd say make the lanes 7 feet. Duratrax makes KwikRamps which should be good for your track. Get some Duratrax models or Traxxas models.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:28 PM
RC Mechanic

to get off the tile some are using the roll out astro turf carpet over plywood or similar. you will need to tack it down in some way though and then use the quick ramps and make sure you tack them down probably on the wires that hold the corrugated plastic ramps together. that would be the easiest way but not the cheapest way to go. if you can get some fine office type carpet donated that might be heavy enough to use as a temporary track surface. most pin type tires are best but almost any offroad tire even stock should work on it just fine. good luck!
Old 05-11-2014, 07:38 AM
thehuntingterminator

This thread has some ideas. I believe most of them for outdoor onroad but you could still use the same layout.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...out-ideas.html