Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Heard from hpi, Savage Octane will be out at tower hobbies this friday or monday

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Heard from hpi, Savage Octane will be out at tower hobbies this friday or monday

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 04:04 PM
maq1919
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heard from hpi, Savage Octane will be out at tower hobbies this friday or monday

Heard from hpi, Savage Octane will be out at tower hobbies this friday or monday. The guy also said it would be arriving at other shops that week.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:40 PM
nitroexpress

Question is, how many care? The Losi looks far superior.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:58 AM
On2_n_On4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SMH.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:29 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I for one can't wait... It should be interesting
Old 05-09-2014, 01:33 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Better question is how much will the engine sell for separate
Old 05-09-2014, 02:11 PM
turok007

im waiting to see how good that engine is. but i like the look of the losi more but i will be watching how long that tapered piston lasts. but i suppose anything is better than a hard to tune nitro. lol
Old 05-09-2014, 05:25 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

There is an aircraft engine made by Norvel that uses gasoline fuel mixed with oil but uses a super hot turbo glow plug and has an ABC piston and cylinder setup. This engine runs really well, too. I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing a lot more gasoline fueled engines using various ignition methods for cars. Evolution has several smaller gasoline engines (these are electronic ignition) for airplanes that are having great success. Knowing this, I figured it wouldn't be too long before they adapt one of these systems to work in an RC truck.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:08 PM
pcarluvr

New video's too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyftFUGWd0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVrth4r9Xl8
Old 05-11-2014, 07:02 AM
thehuntingterminator

I'm just really hoping HPI did their homework on this one because this could either really help their sales or push people away. Lord knows they've had enough time to get it ready for release. Guess we'll see.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:19 AM
turok007

starts in seconds. i do hope it is that easy. lol if this or the losi does turn out to be good. i might just sell my nitro collection.

in the uk the price is £750 and a shop has just the engine for £400 lol

Last edited by turok007; 05-11-2014 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:44 AM
pcarluvr

Here's what I'm thinking if this is actually coming out soon. A 15cc , 2.7 hp on a proven chassis. My 1/5 scale is 30cc, 5 hp. My 5th scale weighs close to 40 lbs and I can't find what the Savage weighs but would imagine the Flux is heaviest with two large batteries, so the Octane may be 1/3 of what a 5th scale weighs with half the hp at half the displacement? Should be interesting and I'm thinking that I may be one of the first to try this.

Then there's the Losi. They haven't said boo in a few months. What does an LST weigh and only having a .31 engine? I'm more impressedwith the HPI numbers and since I'm an new owner of a nitro Savage, probably a little biased!
Old 05-14-2014, 03:13 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh god, don't tell me u still think its a hoax?
Old 05-14-2014, 03:54 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Originally Posted by pcarluvr
Here's what I'm thinking if this is actually coming out soon. A 15cc , 2.7 hp on a proven chassis. My 1/5 scale is 30cc, 5 hp. My 5th scale weighs close to 40 lbs and I can't find what the Savage weighs but would imagine the Flux is heaviest with two large batteries, so the Octane may be 1/3 of what a 5th scale weighs with half the hp at half the displacement? Should be interesting and I'm thinking that I may be one of the first to try this.

Then there's the Losi. They haven't said boo in a few months. What does an LST weigh and only having a .31 engine? I'm more impressedwith the HPI numbers and since I'm an new owner of a nitro Savage, probably a little biased!
Think the flux, and X are around the same weight. My guess is from the bigger looking engine, fan, and other things needed to make this work it would be about 5-8lbs heavier
Old 05-14-2014, 04:04 PM
pcarluvr

Originally Posted by phmaximus
oh god, don't tell me u still think its a hoax?
No no Phmaximus! I went down that road once... Not doing that again!!! Plus, the dude in Germany that won the first one has done an unboxing already, so we know that the HPI is coming soon! And now knowing that it carries 2 batteries, one for the radio equipment and one for starting the engine, gonna be a little heavier. I just can't wait. I'm going to sell my Nutech 1/5 s ale to put towards buying this.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:08 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Originally Posted by pcarluvr
No no Phmaximus! I went down that road once... Not doing that again!!! Plus, the dude in Germany that won the first one has done an unboxing already, so we know that the HPI is coming soon! And now knowing that it carries 2 batteries, one for the radio equipment and one for starting the engine, gonna be a little heavier. I just can't wait. I'm going to sell my Nutech 1/5 s ale to put towards buying this.
Don't mean much so many models that they released overseas that never came out here. Or then there was the Cyclone(I think it was called) 1/10th scale electric buggy. I've only read of a handful of people ever getting one. I remember my LHS wanted them BAD, and never got one in to sell instead HPI sent them 15 Brama 10B's which they shipped right back.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:55 PM
pcarluvr

Well, after getting my hands on one and really getting a close look at it, my 5th scale is on craig's list. I really like this new Octane. The first two that Hobby Town USA has are sold. The funny thing is, the size of that cooling head in the pictures and vids don't do it justice, it's HUGE!
Old 05-22-2014, 02:24 PM
turok007

in the running videos it sounds loudddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd