Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Kyosho Fazer servo problem

Old 08-15-2014, 02:25 PM
HugoDTI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Fazer servo problem

Hi people,
I've have some doubts because i'm new at this...
I bought One Kyosho Fazer for almost nothing and it never worked on its life, just had to clean the carburator and it was fine lol
But today when i was playing whit it i bumped into the sidewalk and now the steering servo its making a griding noise when i steer right and at the same time it wont go full right..
What could it be? thanks
Old 08-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The impact has been transfered through the wheels to the servo and messed up the gears inside is my guess. Guess you have to look for a new servo But this is something the servo saver should have avoided, so take a look at it to make sure it is moving freely and is doing what it is supposed to, if possible try to loosen it up (if it is adjustable) to make it softer.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:00 PM
nitroexpress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ran good - hit sidewalk - servo doesn't work = new servo required.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:18 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hugo, do you know where your servo-saver is? Is it part of the steering bell-crank? Or is it a Kimbrough-style, right on the servo? Does the Fazer even HAVE a servo saver? I could not determine from any of the photos I looked at. In any case, it certainly sounds like your servo got stripped out and needs replacing.

Before you install a new one, tho, you have to figure out what the deal is with the servo saver. If your steering bellcrank has an integrated servo saver, check it's action. Hold the steering linkage or servo arm and try to turn one of the wheels with your other hand. The servo saver should "give" and allow the wheel to turn a little. If it does not, then the servo saver is either adjusted too tight, (loosen the adjustment nut) or, it is jammed up inside, and needs to be taken apart and cleaned out and re-lubed. I suspect this is your problem.

However, if you have a servo-mounted servo saver, the servo saver may have just failed, and that is why you have no steering. In that case, replace the servo saver.

But, you said the servo is making a grinding noise, so the first scenario is the more likely.