Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

1/5 fs monster truck

Old 08-17-2014, 11:06 AM
kane fs34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/5 fs monster truck

Hi there I have. A. Petrol 30cc engine in my model at present , and was wanting to no if I could.put my 50cc mini moto engine in ?????
Old 08-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anything is always possible. It all depends on the new engine, your skill level and whatever tools you have or have access to. If you already have the 50cc engine you could compare it's mounting and crankshaft to yours to see how compatible they are.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:46 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

might be easier to get a Big bore kit for the motor already in your truck. There are lots of upgrades available for trucks like that.
But as mentioned, depending on your skills, tools and how close the 50cc is to the 30cc (in terms of mounting and output shaft) you may be able to put it in your truck.
However, while 1/5 gas isn't my specialty, I do know that their motors are tuned for the job at hand...moving a 30 pound RC at good speeds. You may install the 50cc motor and find it not much faster....it depends on how many RPMs the 50cc motor is designed to run at. The transmission in the RC may have very different gearing than that of the mini moto....so, even if the 50cc has more power, it may not spin fast enough for the gearing of the RC. Or it may be crazy fast....I cant say without more info on the stock and 50cc motors.