Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Transmission Interference

Old 08-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Yasha328

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Interference

I have a HSP buggy to which I have done many modifications to, it has a 27 MHz AM Traxxas TQ 2 CH transmitter and Traxxas 27 MHz AM 4 CH receiver. My sister just got an Maisto Baja Beast. When both her and I go to play with the cars I can fully control my RC Car from a very far distance a way while she has to stand almost right next to it for her RC car to receive any transmission. Once I turn off my Transmitter she can control her car from a far a way distance as well but right when I turn mine on she is back to standing right next to her car. My sister's RC car has a "tri band" receiver and transmitter system where you can change the frequency at which the receiver and transmitter talk. I have tried all the settings with the same result, the car only receives transmissions only if she stands right next to it or my transmitter is off. I can not in anyway control her car with my transmitter or her transmitter control my car. Would changing out the crystals in my receiver and transmitter help or is this a problem with my sisters transmitter and receiver being too weak?
Old 08-17-2014, 07:56 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is definitely some sort of electronic interference between the two radios. Even though the radios can't control each other the Traxxas radio is obviously more powerful and able to mess up or overrule the Maisto transmitter signal enough that the Maisto receiver can't understand the signal unless they're close to each other. There's 6 available channels for the Traxxas radio and if you can get it's frequency far enough away from the Maisto the issue might go away. But it's possible the issue may not go away without switching to 75mhz or 2.4ghz. Does the Maisto tell you the exact frequency for each of it's channels so you can pick a channel for the Traxxas that's furthest away?
Old 08-18-2014, 03:36 AM
Yasha328

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
Does the Maisto tell you the exact frequency for each of it's channels so you can pick a channel for the Traxxas that's furthest away?
Sadly the Maisto does not say exactly which frequency it runs at just 27MHz.I am also running a green crystal currently and taking in to fact that most toy R/Cs run at 27.145 MHz the crystal might be the problem since the green is one of the closest to that frequency at 27.195 MHz.

Last edited by Yasha328; 08-18-2014 at 03:39 AM.