Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New Solid Axle FOFF / Rock Racer

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 09:11 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Solid Axle FOFF / Rock Racer

https://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/...duct_id=109912

This looks very promising. I'm loving the look and the size of it, 1/8 is where it's at for me. I was going to rework my Ground Pounder with axle braces, clod wheels/tires, etc and have that as my solid axle rig but I've always liked FOFF a lot. Maybe just sell the Pounder and run one of these.

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 08-19-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Ttowntoolman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is an UBER cool looking rig for sure. In the description it says chain and shaft drive, exactly where is the chain in this set-up? This looks like a great rig for skipping or skimming water.... I think I want one.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:02 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Motor pinion drives the spur gear, which drives a chain. At the other end of the chain is the center shafts.

I've recently been thinking about building a dedicated sand car since I have a beach close to my house. My initial thoughts were a Rustler with a custom tube sandrail chassis or with a VW bug body for a Sand Scorcher look. I think I like the Kyosho look better though and definitely need to look into the Kyosho some more.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:53 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought there was a thread recently about the new kyosho?

anyway, it is basically a modded mad force cruiser....which ive recently owned. The main thing I didn't like on the cruiser was the handling and tires. Tires look cool but are not a nice rubber. And the handling of the FOFF should be a bit better as the ride height is lower.

The kyosho's are not cheap tho. I got $350 for my used mad force when I sold it. I think they go for $550ish new.

But the look of the new kyosho is pretty awesome. and the driveline and axles are pretty tough.