Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

need wheel / tire ideas

Old 09-16-2014, 04:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default need wheel / tire ideas

I have a 1/6 body and a pair of redcat RS10 axles.

my hummer H2 has 6'' tall tires. putting them to the 1/6 body they look like they would fit well. However, those tires have 17mm rims....not gonna work on redcat axles with 12mm hex.

Anyone know of some wheels and tires that are 6'' tall with a 12mm hex?

if not, I may need ideas for some 1/8 scale 14mm hex wheels that I can get some sort of adaptor for.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

umm can't you get 17mm adapters?
I have some by STRC on my crt.5(they were originally on my slash 4X4) with 17mm buggy rims mounted. They might increase the width a tiny bit though.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM
umm can't you get 17mm adapters?
I have some by STRC on my crt.5(they were originally on my slash 4X4) with 17mm buggy rims mounted. They might increase the width a tiny bit though.
would really hate to increase width....checking the rs10 axle with normal 2.2s on the wheels stick out beyond the body by 1/8th inch. id rather they didn't stick out further.
Plus, take 17mm 1/8 scale rock crawler wheels, plus tires, plus a set of adapters ($25 ish) and im around $100 just for wheels.

I wish there are taller tires I could fit onto 2.2s. My buddy has a set of imex red rocks...not sure they are tall enough but they are some of the coolest 2.2 tires ever. But he wont sell them, and they are getting hard to find. Really wider than I need, but wide tires do work well in snow.

Im gonna look and see how tall the proline 2.2 hammers are...maybe they are taller than the axial 2.2 tires I have right now.

edit: nope, even shorter.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:07 PM

if I had the money, I could try the rc4wd Interco IROK 2.2. seems they are 5.75'' tall. they are also a bit narrower than the 2.2 wheels on the rs10 right now, which means they could likely fit (just) inside the wheel wells of the truck.

But $60 on tires is a lot if they don't look right. 6'' to 6.3'' I think would be idea. but it looks like 5.75'' is the tallest for any 2.2 wheel.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They might increase the width a tiny bit though.