Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need brushless motor advice

Old 10-16-2014, 03:19 AM
Tommy25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need brushless motor advice

I have a team associated sc10 truck with the traxxis velineon motor. The problem is as long as it is on the stand the rear wheels will spin fine but once you put weight on the wheels it just jumps and won't move any help is greatly appreciated. I recently replace some bearings in the differential thinking that was the problem but it wasn't call or text 601-297-7786

Last edited by Tommy25; 10-16-2014 at 03:33 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:23 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

It's probably time to start diagnosing the drive line outside in. I would start with the slipper clutch to make sure its not loose....put vehicle on your lap and hand turn the spur gear while preventing vehicle from moving forward. Look to see if the spur gear and slipper plate move together. Next, move to the wheels and check the pins inside the hex adapters. Pinion gear grub screw...tightened? If it's not any of these areas, then I would start taking apart the tranny.

I'm not sure which model of SC10 you have. Is the SC10 a ball diff or geared diff? If it's a ball diff...your locking t-nut/thrust bolt may be loose.

When you say you put weight on the wheels...you have your vehicle on the ground w/ throttle being applied? What noises, if any, are being made?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	drive pins.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	2040576   Click image for larger version

Name:	gear.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	2040577   Click image for larger version

Name:	t-nut.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	2040578  

Last edited by RustyUs; 10-16-2014 at 04:48 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:44 AM
Tommy25

When I set it on the ground it makes a grinding noise and jumps I replaced all the bearings in the tranny last night and still no change the spur gear is new also tightened the clutch down and back it off a round and a half.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:24 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy25
When I set it on the ground it makes a grinding noise and jumps I replaced all the bearings in the tranny last night and still no change the spur gear is new also tightened the clutch down and back it off a round and a half.
I don't like grinding noises. I have learned, on a gear diff tranny, to stop where I'm at and check the pins on the axles in the hexes. If they are OK, I tear down the tranny and look at the teeth on the top shaft, idler, and diff gear. If they are OK, I check the screws holding the diff case together.

My past experiences with a "grinding" noise is my gear diff "spider gears" somehow are not meshing correctly.
My diff screws work their way loose every once in a while causing the case to widen; making the spider gears lose their mesh.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	diff screws.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	2040581  

Last edited by RustyUs; 10-16-2014 at 05:27 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:42 AM
Tommy25

Ok I'll check that this evenin and see how that looks maybe I overlooked something