Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Gens Ace lipo battery

Old 11-07-2014, 01:52 AM
SukcriE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gens Ace lipo battery

Does any body know Gens Ace? Someone recommended this battery to me, but I have no idea if I should try it. Did you guys test this battery before? Thanks.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:39 AM
RustyUs

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

They have been used for many years with many people liking them giving good/great reviews. Just do a quick search of reviews and I'm sure you will get the answer to ease your thoughts.

Battery Shootout from Big Squid
Old 11-07-2014, 07:23 PM
SukcriE
Banned

Cool

Originally Posted by RustyUs View Post
They have been used for many years with many people liking them giving good/great reviews. Just do a quick search of reviews and I'm sure you will get the answer to ease your thoughts.

Battery Shootout from Big Squid
Hi Rusty, Thanks for your reply. But I saw your website, seems you're a dealer of them. How do I know you tell me the truth? No offence..
Old 11-07-2014, 08:17 PM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by SukcriE View Post
Hi Rusty, Thanks for your reply. But I saw your website, seems you're a dealer of them. How do I know you tell me the truth? No offence..
???
Old 11-07-2014, 08:58 PM
RustyUs

Wink ???

I currently use $5~$15 4000mah~52000mah 40C 2S WinMax NanoTech or Hunger brand of LiPos. I have a website? Cool. I'll have to check myself out someday as soon as I find it. On RCU, I just try to help inform people to make good decisions by taking time out of my life doing a little research for them and/or giving info from my past/present experiences in the RC hobby.

I wish I was a dealer of many RC items. I used to dream of having a hobby shop at the local mall, and holding off road racing events. But this is all after a multi-million lottery winning.

Sorry my link that I posted about a battery shootout , that Big Squid put together and compiled their findings, lead you to believe something else.

Last edited by RustyUs; 11-08-2014 at 04:15 AM. Reason: still trying to find my website
Old 11-08-2014, 01:57 PM
cumquat

i've had a couple of their packs.they were excellent for the price when i bought them. they have gone up a bit since then but still a decent value.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:37 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too use the Gens packs. I've found them to be good value. May have to try one of the cheaper Turnigy packs for comparison. I wondered about the "universal" plug system, if it was solid enough to actually use. Guess I was right, it isn't. I like the Traxxas connectors and is what I use, but the bullets that come on the Gens packs are very good too.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:10 PM
thehuntingterminator

Gens Ace packs are good for the price (although it has increased in the last few years). Depending on which battery you are looking at, I would compare it with something from Venom. I've owned and sold a lot of their batteries and have been very impressed (also owned a couple of Gens Ace). Every Venom I've owned has been under rated (the pack holds more juice than it's rated for). Plus, they have a lifetime battery replacement plan, which is nice if its your first lipo since they take some extra care. If there is a big price difference, go for the Gens Ace, but if not, I would at least consider the Venom packs. Just my opinion.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:15 PM
SukcriE
Banned

Haha... seems I misunderstood your meanning, RustyUS.
Sorry, and thanks for your good suggestions.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:25 PM
SukcriE
Banned

Originally Posted by cumquat View Post
i've had a couple of their packs.they were excellent for the price when i bought them. they have gone up a bit since then but still a decent value.
Uh hum? seems like that... but I got a good news from their facebook. these Gens Ace guys are having a discount activtity now.

See here:
Are you ready for the coming 11.11.2014?!

Up to 90%off on www.genstattu.com

Every body pay ATTENTION on it and buy your favorite battery pack on that day!

Let's wait for 11.11.2014

Sounds Great ! LOL... these guys bring gifts to all singles. seems can save a large sum of money.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	打折1.png
Views:	1521
Size:	393.4 KB
ID:	2046515   Click image for larger version

Name:	打折2.png
Views:	1513
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	2046516  

Last edited by SukcriE; 11-10-2014 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:17 AM
RustyUs

Thanks for the heads up! I can't wait to try them out.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:14 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hunter, how does that Venom lifetime warranty work?

I read that whole write up on the lipo comparison on big squid. Venom didn't get rated that high. Turnigy did better. Gens topped the list. (Despite the fact the Gens measured capacity was lower than the majority of the others)

The links to that Gens sale don't work.