Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

What's the best brushless basher for under $300?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.
View Poll Results: What's the best basher for under 300$?
Associated T4.2 RS
0%
Just upgrade a Traxxas XL-5
60.00%
Mini E-Revo
20.00%
HPI Blitz/Firestorm flux
20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

What's the best brushless basher for under $300?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 09:06 AM
Maximumburrito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool What's the best brushless basher for under $300?

Hey guys, I'll be purchasing my next RC pretty soon. I don't feel right about spending more than 300$ on it. Can you guys tell me what you think of the following?

already brushless:

Mini E revo
Associated t4.2 RS
hpi blitz/firestorm

would have to upgrade: (kind of a pain, and could hurt reliability just a little, plus no warranty.)

stampede 4x4 XL-5
Rustler XL-5

I just want a fast, reliable basher. I don't want to be wrenching constantly like I did with my ECX and Helion stuff. (I couldn't recommend them in the slightest.)
Old 12-10-2014, 09:51 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the mini revo needs work out of the box like replacing all the shocks, shock oil, making sure the diffs are shimmed right, etc. Its also probably the hardest RC to change an A-arm on that I own.

No idea on the AE

Blitz I wanted one... but I never could find a good deal on them

personally I'd just upgrade the stampede 4X4.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:31 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

team associated SC10rs. $300 RTR. Not the fastest brushless RTR, but plenty quick and very tough. I was able to run over 50 packs (2s 5000mah...about 25 hours) of use threw mine before something broke...and even then it was just a drive pin!
I drive on pavement, grass and dirt. I don't do crazy jumps, but plenty of jumping 4-6' in the air. My SC10 has taken a lot of abuse with very little downtime.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:00 PM
drjav

What's the best basher for under 300$?

Might as well have asked, "Who's the best looking actress?" It's way too subjective. What do you like to do with your RC truck? Where do you run it?

I like my brushless Rusty but it certainly can't go everywhere my brushless Summit can go. It's really up to the individual's likes and dislikes.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Maximumburrito

Ah, you're right. I want speed, and the ability to go over rough gravel and some grass, while handling jumps (nothing too insane.)
Old 12-11-2014, 02:19 PM
drjav

Hmm, speed, gravel, grass? Brushless Rusty?

Do you like 2wd? I love 'em.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Maximumburrito

I've only had 4WD, but I'm tired of paying an arm and a leg for each one, so 2WD is in. brushless rusty would be great, but the only affordable brushless system I know of (Tacon motor 30 bucks, hobby wing ESC 40 bucks) has extremely stiff and short wires, so I don't know how I'd install it on a Rusty.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:44 PM
drjav

My opinion: go used. A VXL/Velineon will wheelie a Rusty if the grip is right. Get some tall tires (e.g.: 2.8" Pro-Line Badlands) to clear the gravel and it's all good.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:53 PM
Maximumburrito

I'll look into that, but I'm really leaning toward new. The associated T4 is looking the best right now. It's a great deal, and the parts to make it tougher are cheap, and don't have to be done all at once. Anybody have a t4?
Old 12-11-2014, 05:04 PM
Timritchieblue

Basher SaberTooth,,best bang for your buck.
http://youtu.be/CyGDphi-CyE
Old 12-13-2014, 10:28 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Basher brand not known for having parts on the wall of your LHS.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:49 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Maximumburrito
I'll look into that, but I'm really leaning toward new. The associated T4 is looking the best right now. It's a great deal, and the parts to make it tougher are cheap, and don't have to be done all at once. Anybody have a t4?
the T4 is basically the same as my SC10. The SC10 will be a bit tougher because of the larger bumpers and bigger body. But it is a good chassis for sure. It is a truck that nicely combines toughness with race quality and handling. My SC10 is for sure one of my favorite trucks.
I had a B3 some time ago...also a great racing/bashing RC.
Upgrades range from things to toughen it up, to things to make it faster on the track. You can mod the truck more towards which ever you do more of.

My SC10 RS (brushless version) was $300. The brushed is $200. Im pretty sure the T4 has the same price point.

I seriously doubt you would regret getting the T4. But, if you intend to bash more than race....go for the SC10. The bigger bumpers and body will allow it to take a bit more abuse than the T4.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:43 AM
Timritchieblue

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Basher brand not known for having parts on the wall of your LHS.
Why do you need parts? You 1/10 guys are used to everything breaking or needing to be upgraded. 1/8 doesn't need upgraded, and doesn't break as often. Unless you drive like me

RC8.2 parts fit this thing like a glove..
Old 01-01-2016, 06:30 PM
jman214

Does the samething work with the nitro sabertooth can i use the rc8 parts from the nitro