Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

really really really sorry guys............

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

really really really sorry guys............

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 11:59 AM
Mastertaco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by collector1231
May I ask why that even matters? I'm just speaking out of my experience. All cheapie Redcat, Exceed, and Hobby People cars I've owned are absolute junk.

please add himoto to that list too...

thats why.. tho and if you dont see what im saying your ignorant.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:31 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

I see it now. Those aren't Atomik or Venom products. I'm not supposed to represent them.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:21 AM
DieHarder

Associated T4 - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXDNDU**&P=ML
Old 02-17-2015, 11:58 AM
aminnich

oh noo way, please don't go team associated... that would be bad. haha RUCKUS!!!! HAHA
Old 02-17-2015, 03:49 PM
DieHarder

The Ruckus is a cheap ass truck, so stop slapping everybody in the face with your BS about how great it is! You've made your point and I'm sure everyone who reads this thread will see it. If your really human, get off your high, quit acting like a jackass, and stop using a gazillion exclamation points like some immature MFer! RCU members don't appreciate it.
Originally Posted by aminnich
oh noo way, please don't go team associated... that would be bad. haha RUCKUS!!!! HAHA
Old 02-18-2015, 12:45 PM
aminnich

fine, but u their is no reason to call the RUCKUS names. ;(
Old 02-27-2015, 07:55 PM
atbalducci102488

I had bad experience with my redcat volcano s30. Nitro. I'm not gonna bash them cuz it was my first nitro rc. I didn't know much when I started. But as time went I learned a lot. An the people on this site are awesome, everyone helps in any possible way they can. That being said I would sit with your boy look around various websites and online hobby stores and if you find something you like, look up the reviews and see what others are saying about the certain model. Like he says above everyone has their 2 cents. Good luck if you haven't yet found anything
Old 03-05-2015, 09:09 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To the OP: I looked over the ModlesportUK site. Wow, they appear to have quite the selection, at least they list just about every manufacturer out there. The selection of items within those categories may be limited. For instance, I went to look for a HobbyWing motor/ESC combo, but they only had one, not the one I was looking for.

Are you opposed to buying from overseas sites, I might have a recommendation for you.

Also, I have read that the HPI Bullet Flux is a piece of Crap. Lemme go to my laptop and I will give you my two cents....

OK....I have this HoBao Truggy and love it. 159 Pounds. But of course, you need a motor system, and a servo. And paint for the body. I tried to find the motor I used on MS-UK, but they didn't have it. I used this HobbyWing EZrun motor system. $77 US. (about 50 Pounds) Believe it or not, that little motor system gets the truggy up to 30+ MPH. Plenty fast for off-roading.
This Servo would do the trick and is only 20 Pounds. Enough torque, and metal gears.
The Hyper TT needs good bumpers, tho, and the ones on the car are useless. You'd need a T-Bone Racing front and rear bumper set to keep from breaking suspension arms in bad crashes. About $25 US.
Here is a Radio System for 30 Pounds. Same as the Fly Sky one I have. Great inexpensive radio.

Okay, where are we? Up to 280 Pounds....that's only leaving us 20 Pounds for batteries and a charger.....pretty tight. Might have to come up with a few more quid if you go this route. But here's why I love this Hyper TT: Lots of aluminum in all the right places. Well, ok, not lots, but the chassis and shock towers and motor mount are all nice thick aluminum, as are the shocks (which include rubber shaft boots). Put those T-Bone Racing bumpers on it, and it's almost indestructible. The drive train was designed originally for Nitro, so the gears are BEEFY. The little HobbyWing system I use is small compared to what some guys put in the thing, so it can handle all the power you might want to put in it.

Right, so we need a charger and some Lipos. I looked at a number of th chargers they offer, and this one would be my suggestion, as it has 80W of charging power at up to 5 Amps, meaning it will charge a battery in a reasonable amount of time. About 45 Pounds. You could get a less expensive one, but the power drops off (like down to 35W or less) so charge times go way up. And that has now eaten up your budget.

Unfortunatly, it looks like Lipo batteries are pretty expensive over there. Like 54 Pounds for a 5400mah 2S Lipo.
(5400mah or "milli-Amp-hours" is an indication of a pack's capacity, or run-time. "2S" means two cells at 3.7V per cell, or 7.4V, which when fully charged is actually 8.4V) The "C-rating" is an indication of the pack's discharge capability. A 60C pack will deliver more juice in a given time than a 30C pack. See?

But what ever you do, make sure you get Hard Case lipo packs. Soft packs are a no-no in off-roaders. You'll also need to "pick a connector" for your batteries. I think the charger I linked comes with Deans connectors, which are fine. Just need to pick a battery with the appropriate matching connector. Keep an eye on this website for Lipo batteries. SMC makes good packs for great prices, but right now, they're a little low on stock, probably because of the dock-workers strike. Lot's of container ships sitting around waiting to be unloaded.

Hope this helps ya, mate.
Cheers!

Last edited by EXT2Rob; 03-05-2015 at 10:44 AM.