Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New to Nitro RC

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 03:30 PM
FirstGenLegacy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New to Nitro RC

Hi! I'm generally new to RC, and recently bought a nitro rc car from CEN. it's the 1:16 scale MG16 monster truck, when I got it it wasn't running. Fortunately I was able to get it running with a quick fine tune to the carb, and some tlc (tear down, rebuild).
Currently, only mods I've got are rebuilt shocks with RS4 shock oil, a Traxxas Stampede exhaust, a fuel filter for added security, beefier tires, re-directed the pull start, cleaned the air filter (and re-oiled). I've ran it with 20%, and 33% nitro fuel, seems that between the two it makes very minor differences (unlike real cars), and I recently fitted a .15 (2.5cc) Traxxas Rustler cylinder head (cooling head) onto it, because I got a relatively good deal on it.

My major questions are, if I wanted to swap motors, or do any other mods such as roll-cage, two speed, reverse.
What fits? what doesnt?

I've got a spare OS slide motor laying around, will that fit?

I just want to do as many mods as I can with this car for as cheap as I can, I would be asking on the CEN Racing forums, but they've been having issues with the website, and I cannot sign up. Hopes it's OK that I post here.

Thanks for viewing the thread!