Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

cheap kits

Old 09-25-2003, 05:22 PM
R/C car guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheap kits

i wanted to get the savage ss but my parents won't let me get it becase they say its too expensive. are there any other kits that aren't rtr that are cheaper than the savage ss?
Old 09-25-2003, 07:03 PM
I_C_E_Y

Default RE: cheap kits

The cheaper you buy the more problems you have almost guranteed. You get what you pay for.
Old 09-26-2003, 10:43 AM
Henderson

I don't think a kit monster truck is in the cards for you; the SS is the best deal i can think of as far as kits. The Mad Force kit, for instance, costs big bucks.

Think RTR. You can always tear it down and rebuild it, adding threadlock and grease etc. where needed.

You want a good off-road RC for cheap, wait for the new Losi mini XXX-T stadium truck around Thanksgiving. Supposedly it's gonna be around $150.00 RTR.

Or maybe you can get lucky on E-Bay but beware; i see a lot of suckers paying more on E-Bay than it costs at the hobby shop, or maybe $20.00 less, but then they add shipping and they're still getting hosed.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:15 PM
dbow
My Feedback: (1)

You might want to take a gander at a used setup, but I would do the research and make sure you are buying from a reliable person.
You can do the ebay thing but its best to buy locally so you can see the item before you purchase.
Keep in mind that cost is always a factor, not just on the initial purchase but also on the maint. and support equipment.

Dbow
Old 09-27-2003, 01:46 PM
MadTripper

Of course, if you end up with someone else's junk, you'll definitely have to learn the mechanics behind it all. How cheap are you looking?

Tripper
Old 09-28-2003, 04:41 PM
R/C car guy

any cheaper kit
Old 09-29-2003, 12:51 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i guess thats the cheapest kit around just get the savage21 they go around 349 now shipped in some online shop