Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Best Motor/Esc combos for Axial Wraith very little rock crawling

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Best Motor/Esc combos for Axial Wraith very little rock crawling

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 11:38 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Lightbulb Best Motor/Esc combos for Axial Wraith very little rock crawling

I am investing in an Axial Wraith. New kit and project for me. I recently built the Yeti and I like it but I used the Mamba monster sct 2400 kv motor which was slightly too long in that platform but I made it work. It has plenty of torque, but not much top speed. I want something that has some speed but can still handle a little bit of the slow runs without overheating. I won't rock crawl with this much, very rarely. What would some of my friends here recommend? brushless preferred and since I have the castle link I might like to stay with Castle. Any ideas?

Last edited by mattster1971; 01-30-2016 at 04:36 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:59 PM
grabbem88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mmp/pro4 3300

Mmp/tekin red line 13.5 or 17.5

For all my crawlers except my ex comp I use those.

Your yeti would of been better with a tekin 1900 truggy motor

Not pushing tekin cause I lots of castle and Novak motors but for a Rock racer or a crawler for instance I have great results with tekin
Old 01-30-2016, 04:31 AM
mattster1971

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel you on the tekin. Its good equip but I was trying to stay Castle to utilize castle link and the programmable functions. I like to be able to tweek my servo voltages etc. How does anyone feel about Castle Creations 1/10 Mamba Max Pro SCT 3800kV Combo?
Old 01-30-2016, 04:47 AM
grabbem88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can use castle speed controllers but with tekin motors...or even Holmes hobbies motors...

A lot of crawler guys use mmp castle controllers with tekin motors...