Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

2wd question

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 05:54 PM
krokodyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2wd question

Hello everyone, I have been wondering about 2wd rcs for awhile and have two questions. First, I noticed all of them are rear wheel drive. Is this a good or bad thing? I know that in the actual cars front wheel drive is better. Next, do the 2wd rcs have rear speed differentials? I don't see why they would need them on pavament but they could be useful on rough terrain. I never owned a 2wd except the new bright stuff years and years ago. Ive heard driving them is different, that it teaches you to drive better. Anyways, anyone know the anwseres to my questions?
Old 01-29-2016, 09:04 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Rear wheel drive is the norm for RC, there is nothing wrong with it. Yes, they do have rear differentials. It does teach you to drive better, as it is not just a point and shoot, like with a 4x4 vehicle.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:46 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2wd is actually The Premier racing class, because it DOES require more skill and throttle control to drive fast. You actually NEED differentials on pavement more than dirt, otherwise the inside wheel would break traction and cause the car to spin out. In dirt, a locked diff is ok because the dirt allows a little tire slippage without too much negative action. If you want to get into RC racing, stick with 2wd. You will be a better driver.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:43 PM
The Saylors

I love my 2wd slash vxl. Defiantly more of a challenge but totally worth it and usually way cheaper.