Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tlr 22 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 04:03 PM
Redsky66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tlr 22 3.0

I was inquiring on help with setup with my 22 3.0 . I race at a clay mid to large indoor track 2wheel MOD 8.5 turn motor . It is predominately race with associate cars. So I'm on my own with setup and I'm lost. I get smoked a lot and I have a lot of traction roll. starting to not be fun anymore any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:19 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Red! I'm not a racer, but I'll try to help. If you're getting traction rolls, try giving the wheels a couple of degrees of negative camber. Shorten the upper suspension links with a few turns of the turnbuckles. This will tilt the top of the tires in, lifting the bottom outside edge slightly, allowing the tire to slide a little more. Those race buggies have tons of tuning adjustments, so look up tuning how-to's on YouTube to learn about what they are and how to adjust them. Get an RPM camber gauge for accuracy. Two degrees negative should do it.