Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ofna out of business?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 08:35 PM
rc18junky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ofna out of business?

Can anyone tell me if ofna went completely out of business . the wedsite seems to b be announcing new products ?
Old 03-30-2016, 01:59 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

My long time dream was to have an Ofna 1/8 buggy. I don't know what HoBao has up it's sleeve 'cause I do think they have great vehicles just Ofna is not there to distribute them...OFNA out of business!
Old 03-30-2016, 03:00 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Yup, sadly. They're gone. Really upsetting, as my Nexx10SC is the greatest RC truck I have ever owned.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:15 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by collector1231
Yup, sadly. They're gone. Really upsetting, as my Nexx10SC is the greatest RC truck I have ever owned.
I've actually never ran mine was planning on taking it out soon as after I bought it real life issues got really out of hand preventing me from doing anything RC related for quite some time.

I have ran its older sibling the CRT.5, and the crt.5 I made into a 1/8th scale buggy using a scrt chassis plate, 1/8th scale buggy body, tires, and crt.5 pieces though.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:38 PM
collector1231

Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM
I've actually never ran mine was planning on taking it out soon as after I bought it real life issues got really out of hand preventing me from doing anything RC related for quite some time.

I have ran its older sibling the CRT.5, and the crt.5 I made into a 1/8th scale buggy using a scrt chassis plate, 1/8th scale buggy body, tires, and crt.5 pieces though.
Cool! Well if you ever want to sell that Nexx10SC, I could use all the parts I can get. Lol
Old 03-30-2016, 08:45 PM
EXT2Rob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah, so it's OFNA that's gone bye bye? I've been wondering what's up with Ofna/HoBao lately. I've got a Hyper 10 TT and a 10SC. However NitroHouse still seems to have parts. And I ordered a bunch of stuff from HoBao via GeeFly Hobby Taiwan. So take heart, you may still be able to get parts if your Ofna rig is a HoBao. The Nexx line was HongNor, I believe.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:25 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Ah, so it's OFNA that's gone bye bye? I've been wondering what's up with Ofna/HoBao lately. I've got a Hyper 10 TT and a 10SC. However NitroHouse still seems to have parts. And I ordered a bunch of stuff from HoBao via GeeFly Hobby Taiwan. So take heart, you may still be able to get parts if your Ofna rig is a HoBao. The Nexx line was HongNor, I believe.
yup supposedly hongnor got sold, and stopped selling stuff? I dunno what happened shame as they made insanely solid products, and were one of my favorite manufacturers

Think we can kind of blame HPI for ofna going under when HPI scored that exclusive contract with HoBao in the US, and released nothing under it that really had to cut into OFNAs books, and then I think the thing with HongNor happened around that time too... So they really had nothing to sell for awhile.

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 03-31-2016 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:03 PM
rc18junky

It does suck to hear there gone i always likes ofna products. The one thing i have noticed is the gtp have jumped in price on ebay by a few hundred dollars. I had my gtp on Craigslist with mamba max v2 esc (new) whole car less motor for 200 and was getting text message from people all over the country wanting to buy it . Once i seen what they were going for on ebay i decided to keep thinking if i sold it I may never get another one
Old 04-04-2016, 06:36 PM
EXT2Rob

Who made the GTP? HoBao or Hong Nor?
Old 04-05-2016, 05:14 PM
rc18junky

Ofna made the gtp its a ultra buggy platform conversation to a onroad car
Old 04-05-2016, 08:25 PM
EXT2Rob

Ofna was just a distributor/brand-name. HoBao and Hong Nor in Taiwan actually made the cars. That's what I've been told as long as I've had my Hypers. All my spare parts say HoBao on the package.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:35 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Who made the GTP? HoBao or Hong Nor?
HoBao from what I could see, but it might have been a custom design for ofna, or goes by a different name under their brand
Old 06-01-2016, 10:23 PM
HoBao Racing Taiwan

Hi Guys,

We recently established HoBao Racing USA as well as a direct eShop at http://eshop.hobao-racing.com/home/index/16015.0 All HoBao Racing kits and parts are available again at local hobbystores in North America as well as from our eShop.

BTW, OFNA's GTP was a HoBao product (under the name GTS) so parts are still available from us. http://eshop.hobao-racing.com/c/rc-p...-nitro-on-road
Old 07-13-2016, 03:11 AM
so65imp3s3s
My Feedback: (12)

So,Mr. HoBao Racing Taiwan; Does this mean the corporate weenie that killed the Titan series of trucks is gone now (due to the split from Hong-Nor) and maybe somebody could dust off the tooling for a "Classic" version (or at least a few repop parts like ofn40274 or ofn40275) of the "Deluxe (Super),Twin or (and I know this sounds crazy) an updated brushless version of the Titan?

I know you're HoBao and it was a Hong-Nor line,but as I don't currently have your counterpart at Hong-Nor's contact info.,I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks,Stan O.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:53 AM
HoBao Racing Taiwan

Originally Posted by so65imp3s3s
So,Mr. HoBao Racing Taiwan; Does this mean the corporate weenie that killed the Titan series of trucks is gone now (due to the split from Hong-Nor) and maybe somebody could dust off the tooling for a "Classic" version (or at least a few repop parts like ofn40274 or ofn40275) of the "Deluxe (Super),Twin or (and I know this sounds crazy) an updated brushless version of the Titan?

I know you're HoBao and it was a Hong-Nor line,but as I don't currently have your counterpart at Hong-Nor's contact info.,I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks,Stan O.
well.. honestly.. you gotta ask HongNor about their product line and future plans. We have no idea. Sorry we couldn't help.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:53 AM
so65imp3s3s

K,thanks!

Well,anybody reading this know who I can contact at Hong-Nor with the same queries (or could forward this thread to someone who does know who's in charge of this stuff)?

This is for the Hong-Nor guy in charge:
I know you guys have a lot of new this & that with no one beating down the door after them,but as anything "Titan" related sells fairly high on fleaBay and the online hobby shops; Don't you think you might be overlooking a segment of the market that might bring some profit for not a lot of investment? You already own the tooling and have but to look at any of the forums to see there is a strong following and plenty of money to be made fromthe older models.

You guys need to remember what you know from experience and read in these forums; Brand loyalty goes both ways. If you put stuff out and support it (ie:fix any major problems and make sure parts are available for the new AND the older models),people will keep coming back to buy your product. C'mon guys, if you leave a kid with a broken toy and no way to repair or replace it,then your corporate thinking will be right on the money. He'll have no choice but to buy the new one; FROM THE OTHER GUY THAT SUPPORTS HIS PRODUCT LINE!
Just out of curiosity; Does the name CEN mean anything to you?

This ain't rocket surgery,guys. It's just RC. Thanks,Stan O.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:40 AM
HoBao Racing Taiwan

i am such as nice guy lol.. just google hongnor and you can find their contact info.. here http://www.hongnor-racing.com/contact.asp?tp=contact
Old 07-13-2016, 10:15 AM
so65imp3s3s

Wow! With genuine Wile-E.-Coyote type genius such as that,is it any wonder you people are in the situation that you're in. What with the company being split in half & sold off due to abysmal sales and a severely lagging/inferior product lin.......... Oop's! Too soon? All apologies.

Now,does anybody know WHO to contact at Hong-Nor to get an actual answer or somebody that has a clue to who can answer my above mentioned questions. Not this guy that obviously drew the short straw and now has to answer the phones.