Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

I get very annoyed when on-line r/c car sellers don't publish the radio freeks.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

I get very annoyed when on-line r/c car sellers don't publish the radio freeks.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 11:24 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I get very annoyed when on-line r/c car sellers don't publish the radio freeks.

This is especially so with amazon.com. Only very few listed r/c cars there have the RF values disclosed in the text or in the pictures.

The R/C industry does not have all their crap together. Many fellows want to race the cars side by side so having radio freeks not the same only makes sense.

Another thing I hate is getting random colors and random radio freeks when ordering stuff on line. This particularly true with cheaper toy-grade cars.

With higher end hobby-grade stuff like Futaba, one can change freeks by simply changing crystal sets.

Two R/C cars to be raced side by side should be about the same scale/size, have about the same top speed but have different frequencies and a distinct visual appearance, preferable different colors/numbers, so as not to get cars confused in a race.

To be fair in competition, both cars should have proportional/variable controls OR both cars should have all-or-nothing controls.

Last edited by [email protected]; 03-31-2016 at 05:49 AM.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:44 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you are talking mostly about garbage toy RC's
I don't think any hobby grade RC's made in the past 3 years have not been 2.4ghz as it costs more to manufacture the old AM radios so advertising the radio frequency is pointless.

I'm also not using garbage as a term to put people down for toy grade RC's. No I'm using it comparison to the toy RC's of 20 years ago in comparison to the modern ones quality which is complete trash.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:49 AM
[email protected]

Some of the cheapies DO in fact state the radio freeks, but damn few. My new hobby grade Futuba 2-ch. radio system from amazon.com was under $55 with shipping and included the old-fashioned stick-syle transmitter box, receiver and two standard servos as well as channel 71 crystals which are changeable. I believe this Futuba is an AM radio. 75 MHz
Old 03-31-2016, 09:52 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who needs to know about crystal freqs anymore, with 2.4ghz radios the norm? Feh!

You want something to get bent about, try finding wheel dimensions and offsets.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:06 AM
[email protected]

My new Futaba 2DR AM radio is for my upcoming scale boat project. I got this radio outfit not so much for its radio wave technology but because it was a heck of a deal on amazon.com and I do like the stick method of control.

http://www.amazon.com/Futaba-R162JE-S3003-75MHz-Transmitter/dp/B000ZMATRC?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I am just looking for two cheepie cars for my buddy and I to race. I will just have to order from the select few with advertised freq.s.

Last edited by [email protected]; 03-31-2016 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:22 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Who needs to know about crystal freqs anymore, with 2.4ghz radios the norm? Feh!

You want something to get bent about, try finding wheel dimensions and offsets.
Amen brother.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:12 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected]
My new hobby grade Futuba 2-ch. radio system from amazon.com was under $55 with shipping and included the old-fashioned stick-syle transmitter box, receiver and two standard servos as well as channel 71 crystals which are changeable. I believe this Futuba is an AM radio. 75 MHz
May I ask why you bought that radio? Just curious. I had an AM Futaba 2PL pistol grip radio for a long time. Great radio except for the long antenna that youngsters whipped around others, and almost poking eyes out. It had to go.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:28 PM
sheograth

I don't worry about frequencies anymore really, all of my models (land, sea, and air) all use spread spectrum 2.4ghz systems. It's more reliable and safer for everyone.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:41 PM
cbaker65

I just recently replaced my radio gear in my Mgt after 10 years of the 27.
I got the updated AE 2.4 standard radio dirt cheap....I think I paid less than 30.00 bucks for.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:09 AM
[email protected]

As I said, I like the STICKS, not the pistol grip.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:13 AM
[email protected]

Besides, I am NOT a youngster and no youngsters will be using my radio and I thought the PRICE of this old-school Futaba ATTACK was great to boot.

I also like the name Futaba and have had several of them years ago.

I just like the STICK style. It is what I know and what I have been accustomed to. I am not even sure two-channel Futaba 2.4GHz radios are even offered in the traditional box style with sticks for under $60 for a COMPLETE radio system.

Economics plays a lot into this as well as ergonomics.

Last edited by [email protected]; 04-01-2016 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:14 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Stick radios are generally a different frequency than pistol grip radios because they're usually for aircraft. If you're using an aircraft frequency on a surface vehicle, you may encounter problems if the FCC got wind of it. Also FWIW, 75MHz is FM as I recall and the AM radios are in the 27MHz band.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:55 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Also FWIW, 75MHz is FM as I recall and the AM radios are in the 27MHz band.
I was going to mention that until I took a look at the description of the radio on tower. Says "AM 27mhz/75mhz" in the description. Not sure if a typo or Futaba made it capable of running either band some how. Any other day I'd say you're right though.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:16 AM
chase16

Man you just made me think about it I didn't post what I had on my FS ad.. Sorry I will do better.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:45 AM
[email protected]

Here is my radio at Futaba's official website:
http://www.futabarc.com/systems/futj22.html

[TABLE="width: 900"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 50%"]2DR
2-Channel AM Radio[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]SEARCH:[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="width: 900"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 517"]The ideal 2-stick, 2-channel system.

For some modelers, using two hands to control two sticks just feels right. Combine the feel of 2-stick design with ease of use and economy, and you have 2DR. The ergonomically designed case features a built-in carrying handle and an antenna that can be removed for safekeeping. Shorter sticks make it ideal for younger modelers; red and green LEDS show power status at a glance. Other features include 2-channel servo reversing for installation ease, conveniently placed trims and a choice of three models.

• 2-channel servo reversing.

• Steering and throttle trims.

• LED battery status indicator.

• Perfect for medium size sailboats that require standard sail winch control.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

My STICK Futaba is listed by Futaba as officially a SURFACE radio system and is slated for my upcoming scale boat.

Last edited by [email protected]; 04-01-2016 at 06:08 PM.