Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Advice about nitro/gas offroad vehicles

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Advice about nitro/gas offroad vehicles

Old 04-05-2016, 12:08 AM
sawsrinath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice about nitro/gas offroad vehicles

Hello,
I'm new to this site and to nitro/gas cars. I'm thinking about buying a good nitro/gas offroad model. My budget is around $350(maximum). I have looked at following models
-Traxxas Nitro Slash 1/10 2wd sct
-Hpi racing FIRESTORM 10T

And also I have looked at "Exceed" on nitrorcx and Redcat racing buggy models. They are cheap when compared to Traxxas and Hpi.
And sadly there is no gas model for $350.

I appreciate if you can give some advices/opinions to help me to buy a offroad vehicle. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Srinath
Old 04-05-2016, 05:44 AM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi sawsrinath well imo you should look at 1/8 scale buggy or truggy nitro /gas vehicle , they hold up better
and great for bashing too and or racing you are in the park for the price of 1/8 scale vehicles example
try habao hyper 7 (ofna 7 hyper ) and for some extra bucks you can look at kyosho mp9 tki3 rtr mugen mbx7 losi
3.0 ans 4.0 team associated rc 8.2, 8.3 xray , hot bodies and a few more 1/8 scale vehicles ok mugey
Old 04-05-2016, 06:20 AM
sawsrinath

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately they are out of my price range. 1/8 are expensive(but redcat/exceed are available.not sure they are good or bad). So I'm looking for 1/10 scale gas or nitro.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:31 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Between the Slash and the Firestorm I'd go with the Firestorm. You won't find a gas model in that price range, though I much prefer gas over nitro.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:59 PM
sawsrinath

Thank you. What is the cheapest one(when considering fuel cost, maintenance cost)? Nitro or electric?
Old 04-05-2016, 11:33 PM
sawsrinath

Guys, does anyone have experience about red cat gas buggies. Are they good. I'm thinking about buying a used one.