Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Eagle 3 rock racer

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 12:44 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Eagle 3 rock racer

Here is my second purchase from banggood

It still surprised me that they ship items in their retail box with a black plastic bag. This box was dented a bit on the corners. No damage to the model, but it still seems a risky way to ship a rc. Any other place ive bought new RCs from always puts the retail box into another box.

Also like the p402 I bought, the Eagle 3 was also not 100% out of the box. One of the camber links was not bolted to the chassis. The screw was there, but someone put it in place without putting the link in place first.

I had to take off the roll cage body in order to put the link in place. There are 8 screws to remove to take off the body...not too bad.

Once the body was off, I noticed that the slipper clutched was WAY too tight. That could have caused some stripped gears.

Other than those 2 things, the truck looks good.

The rear springs are far too stiff, making the rear bounce around some. The speed with the 390 motor and 2s lipo is decent. A 540 motor would have been much better. I think it tops out about 20mph with decent acceleration.

It looks like a vaterra twin hammers, but lacks a 2 speed trans. There are 2 other pinion gears included, to gear it up or down some.

The tires are actually pretty decent and soft, unlike the ones on the p402. Good traction and should do decent on rocks.

The front diff also acts like it has at least some really thick grease in it.

I have a small backyard track and it goes around pretty good. There are vids of these things doing mild rock crawling and trail driving and they do well.

I have to give it a 9/10 on looks. Panels, roll cage, light housings, spare tire ect all look great.

Remote looks like it came from a traxxas mold, and has a feature for right or left handed driver.

Size is only a bit smaller than a 1/10 buggy.

Overall it is a nice rig for $90.

It is too bad that these very affordable models I cant recommend to a newb because of the chance that there will be an issue out of the box. Nothing a long time hobby guy would have any trouble with, but for a newb it could be a big disappointment.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0618161255.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	2168537   Click image for larger version

Name:	0618161255a.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	2168538