Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

new truck...id buy the body

Old 06-28-2016, 06:30 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default new truck...id buy the body

Redcat has a 1/5 crawler coming out.
Most likely based on the 1/8 rockslide

But check out the body! 100 times better than the body exceed put on it's 1/5 crawler.

I can see some buying this body for their custom 1/5 crawlers, or even for their 1/5 gasser.

The truck has a 25.5'' wheelbase, 4ws with 30kg servos.

Anyway, when it comes out I will be checking on the price of a body for sure.

[ATTACH]2170205[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	clawback-vs-10th-scale-01.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	2170205  
Old 06-29-2016, 05:06 AM
mattster1971

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy Cow that thing is massive. I wonder what the quality of it will be like?
Old 06-29-2016, 06:19 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Originally Posted by mattster1971 View Post
Holy Cow that thing is massive. I wonder what the quality of it will be like?
I cant be sure from the pics, but I suspect its based on the 1/8 rockslide or maybe its the same axles as the 1/5 exceed. But im leaning toward it being the rockslide since it has 4ws.

I had a rockslide a couple of years back. Never had any real problems with it. Might break a steering hub here and there, and the stock servos were weak. Otherwise it was a good truck.

But I could be wrong altogether, it could be a brand new axle. Redcat did a good job on the RS10 and 1/8 rockslide axles, so I wouldn't worry too much on quality.

Ive had their 1/5 rampage bodies. They were fairly thick. Cant tell from the pics if this body is like that, or if it is still a thin lexan like you would get on a 1/10 scale.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:43 AM
john01374

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The body is Awesome but the chassis appears to be the Exceed 1/5 MaxStone crawler right down to the axles, beadlock wheels and the rather unique 8 body mount posts. I'll certainly be buying the body in Gray and hopefully clear but do yourself a favor and get yourself the Exceed version with the ugly body and save $400.

I've had the 1/5 Scale Exceed since late 2013 and i've beat on it a lot without breaking anything. The ugly body has even survived 100's if not 1000's of rollovers. It's a great rig for the money.

Here is a thread where I posted some details after buying it.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-c...5-crawler.html

Originally Posted by nitrosportsandrunner View Post
Redcat has a 1/5 crawler coming out.
Most likely based on the 1/8 rockslide

But check out the body! 100 times better than the body exceed put on it's 1/5 crawler.

I can see some buying this body for their custom 1/5 crawlers, or even for their 1/5 gasser.

The truck has a 25.5'' wheelbase, 4ws with 30kg servos.

Anyway, when it comes out I will be checking on the price of a body for sure.

[ATTACH]2170205[/IMG]
Old 07-07-2016, 11:17 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

where have you seen the price for the redcat? I saw the price on their website but that is MSRP and it will be cheaper anywhere else. On their site a 1/10 brushed is $200ish but they are $130-$150 on ebay.
It may be the same as the exceed...except that it will come with 4 wheels steering stock. There is no pic of the radio yet on redcat's site but Im wondering if it will have the same radio/setup as the RS10 with the 4 steering modes. Back when I was a dealer I used to sell those radios for $80 one ebay. It is a unique radio in that 1 button controls the mixing of channel 2 and 3 with input from the steering wheel. Basically the best radio if you want 4 wheel steering.

It is interesting if they chose to use the maxstone....I would think it would have made sense for them to sell a modified version of the 1/8 rockslide (which is also MOA)