Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Baja 30cc buggy problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 06:21 PM
Jason666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja 30cc buggy problems

Hi all just got a new Baja 30cc don't know much about it but having a few problems with it as it dose start and run but after a while it just stalls. Dose anyone have an idea of why this is. The motor dose get hot but when cools down works again then just stalls again, haven't even been able to run it in yet coz this always happens.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:59 AM
The Saylors

When it dies does it have spark and/or fuel? There could be a variety of things but knowing what is lacking when it dies would help us point you in the right direction. And how long is after a while? 10 seconds? half a tank of gas?
Old 07-07-2016, 12:23 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you have to wait 5-10 minutes before it will start again after stalling, it could be a bad ignition coil. I know I had a Volvo once that would start and run fine until it got warmed up and then the coil stopped working.

Run it again, after it dies take out the spark plug and put the tip onto a metal part (motor) and have someone pull start it while you watch for spark. If no spark, then the coil is bad. Good thing is, they are cheap. A coil for my 1/5 exceed was $12
Old 07-07-2016, 12:33 PM
The Saylors

The coil was my first thought as well. Not sure if that motor uses the magnets on a flywheel like some of the small engines do but if you see rust or buildup on the fly wheel points or the pick up for the coil then gently sand them until shiny to make the signal better. If that doesn't work then you are in need of a part. Gas motor repair is just a matter of finding were the signal ends in the system and repairing that part. Once you know the path that electricity/gas/physical force takes then its just a matter of footwork to find were it fails if that makes sense. Being able to visualize a working system in it's entirety is how most good mechanics function, its hard. i worked on cars professionally for years and now i hate fixing them lol
Old 07-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Jason666

Yes it has plenty of spark and fuel it dies10 mins of use just stalls and is very hot the engine.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:38 PM
cessnaflyer54
My Feedback: (68)

Are you using enough oil for the break-in? Are you running the motor to lean for the break-in? Just a couple of thoughts.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:54 PM
Jason666

Yes I am doing everything by the book just keeps stalling
Old 07-08-2016, 05:31 AM
cessnaflyer54
My Feedback: (68)

If it's bran new and you are still having the problem, send it back to the manufacture and get it fixed. There should
be some sort of warranty on the motor.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:00 AM
cbaker65

Originally Posted by Jason666
Hi all just got a new Baja 30cc don't know much about it but having a few problems with it as it dose start and run but after a while it just stalls. Dose anyone have an idea of why this is. The motor dose get hot but when cools down works again then just stalls again, haven't even been able to run it in yet coz this always happens.
Try richening up the Hsn ,it sounds like the engine is starving of fuel!