Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Back to the hobby...

Old 07-31-2016, 10:00 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back to the hobby...

I've been out of RC for a few years.Back in the day I owned most of the models available in the 1/10 and 1/8 scale range both nitro and brushless. If you look back at my past posts you'll see many of them I'm sure. With two small kids, the hobby was expensive and money was tight so I got out.

Fast foward to today...money is still tight and now I have three kids LOL! This morning a friend pulled an Excede truck out of the trunk of his car and set it on the ground. He wasn't running it and with it just sitting there my two year old son loved it and couldn't keep his hands off it! Made me think, "I need to get into these RCs again".

I've still got an old Jammin' CRT.5 out in the garage packed in a box. The only RC I kept since it was a gift. Its missing a few parts. I modified it to fit a 2200 Mamba Monster brushless system (which I don't have anymore) so even if i pulled it out I couldn't run it anyway.

I'll probably start looking for a deal on a used 1/8 buggy or truggy, probably brushless. Just thought i'd come back to the forum and take a look around. I honestly haven't missed RC much since getting out of it. But seeing how excited my son got over that Excede truck got me thinking about it again and how much fun it was. I'm sure you'll see me posting again in the near future. Im not up to date on the newest models and latest technology, but I'm sure there has been a few advancements un the last few years. I'm looking forward to seeing what "The Hobby" has to offer!
Old 08-01-2016, 06:32 PM
DieHarder

Yakfish! It's been awhile, good to see ya back! I'm sure you'll find something good, you're no newb.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:30 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Been a while to BOTH of y'all! DieHarder, have not seen you around much!