Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Seeking information on this motor

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 05:19 AM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seeking information on this motor

Does anyone know anything about this motor by reading out of the numbers on it? All i know is that it is 14,4 volt and meant for use in a power drill. I need to know the rpm rating on it. I have searched the crap out of internet, but not been able to find anything exactly with these numbers on the housing. Some motors are about 5000 rpm and some are 20.000-ish and that is what i need. On Johnson Electric's website you have to be a dealer to be able to log in so not much help to get there.

Sorry for the norwegian tekst in this link! : http://www.clasohlson.com/no/Motor-/50-808
Old 08-07-2016, 09:18 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

What are you using the motor for?

Possibly one like this:DC 12V 21000RPM High Speed Large Power JOHNSON 550 Motor for Electric Tools DIY
Old 08-07-2016, 10:12 AM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This seems to be a 700-size motor in the link. As said before i know it is 14,4 volt and the axle diameter is 5 mm. The weight of it also gives away that it is in the 700-size class. I have asked the shop where i found it but they couldn't help. I am going to use it in a 1/5th scale to make electric starter for the engine.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:15 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Sorry, I can't read/understand that norwegian tekst .
Old 08-08-2016, 09:56 PM
Mechanicaloverlord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're looking at 700 size motors just go a little bigger and get a dewalt 820. More powerful, way tougher motor than a 700 and you can find specs like kv over on robotmarketplace.com.

You can also find specs on mabuchi's site. They basically make everyone's motors or everyone copies them so it's pretty reliable. The link below is for a Traxxas Titan775 or at least a user claims the numbers on his titan775 correlate to this mabuchi motor.

http://www.mabuchi-motor.co.jp/cgi-b..._ID=rs_775vcwc