Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

anyone using the hobbywing WP-860 dual motor ESC?

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

anyone using the hobbywing WP-860 dual motor ESC?

Old 10-17-2016, 08:35 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default anyone using the hobbywing WP-860 dual motor ESC?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobbywing-Qu...wAAOSwwE5WYUSq

The dual motor ESC on my hummer died today

I looked on ebay thinking I might spend a tad more and get the outcry dual motor ESC because it can handle up to 4s (old esc can only do 2s) Ive wanted a bit more power and wheel speed so 3s would be nice.

But I found this WP-860 esc which not only says it can do 4s but is also waterproof.

Not sure if the "crawler mode" includes drag brakes or if it is just no-delay reverse

Also not sure the turn limit. My hummer has 2 RC4wd 55t motors

It is pretty cheap for what it claims to do. just wanted to see if anyone here has experience with it and get feedback/more details on it.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:25 PM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

here is the manual for you to take a read .
http://www.hobbywing.com/products/en...860-WP1060.pdf
Old 10-18-2016, 06:17 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Originally Posted by seedygreenute
here is the manual for you to take a read .
http://www.hobbywing.com/products/en...860-WP1060.pdf
thanx, but sadly that manual doesn't answer the 2 questions I have.
It lists turn limits but only at 7.2v. I need to know the turn limit if using a 3s lipo.
And it states it has a fwd/rvs mode with no delay...but doesn't specify if that means neutral acts as a brake.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:34 PM
mrbuggy1987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one on my clod, using 3s with two 35 turn holmes hobby notors and it barely gets warm.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:12 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Originally Posted by mrbuggy1987
I have one on my clod, using 3s with two 35 turn holmes hobby notors and it barely gets warm.
thanks
I did end up buying it
installed it and drove 20' before I hit a concrete block which somehow killed my steering servo (might have died just before, causing it to hit the block)
so now I'm waiting for a new steering servo to come in the mail
Do you use the fan? The location on my truck prevents me from being able to use it on my esc.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:03 PM
mrbuggy1987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i use it, but even without i doubt it would get more than 10 degrees warmer. I would recommend tho that you try to find a way to mount it to use the fan. the outcry dual motor is a great esc as well, had one in my twin motor wraith till I changed to brushless. And by the way. my clod on 3s with those dual 35 turn holmes motors is a freakin torque monster. tried 4s one time but it wore the brushes out too quick and wasnt really nessesary. check out holmes some time. there havin sales on motors all the time. Use to have a set of puller 500's and it was ridonkolous.