Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Is there a modern equivalent to the Tyco Fast Traxx?

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Is there a modern equivalent to the Tyco Fast Traxx?

Old 06-29-2017, 10:29 PM
svds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a modern equivalent to the Tyco Fast Traxx?

Or even better??
Sure looks like fun!
Old 06-29-2017, 10:43 PM
phmaximus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He he he he i had one of those as a kid, Unfortunately I dont know of anything like it.

I made my own version but it was not as fast and possibly more problematic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1509238_10205181708555368_547835708758348367_n.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	2222343  
Old 06-29-2017, 11:50 PM
svds

Thanks for the quick reply, I sure like that tracked vehicle you've built! I'm sure it's fun also.

I missed getting one of those Tyco's when I was a kid.. so I'd like to get a pair offroad buggies or what they call them now... and build a backyard track race with my friends.
Do you have a suggestion what would be a good choice?
Old 06-30-2017, 08:18 AM
The Saylors

Are you talking about a race track or a track race? If you want to do a race track then the (4wd) 1/8th buggies and some 1/10th buggies are gunna be the best. I currently have the team associated 8.2e 1/8th scale buggy and i freaking love it. Super fast, flies straight and level, and not to hard to control with a little practice. And at $500 it's not too pricey. If you want to do a track race then you should take a peek at the tank forum on this site and see if they have any speedy tracked models that they can recommend. I unfortunately know very little about that side of the hobby. Welcome to the forum BTW!
Old 06-30-2017, 10:26 AM
jimjeep

Take a look at the Kyosho Blizzard. (always wanted one as a kid). There are some You-Tube videos of the brushless versions running on 3s LiPos and for a tracked vehicle they can can really move out!

Last edited by jimjeep; 06-30-2017 at 11:17 AM. Reason: updated information.