Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

49 MHz Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 04:57 PM
welderskelter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 49 MHz Question

Hello. New at this RC stuff. Just wanting to learn stuff. I bought a cheap rc truck at a thrift store. It says 49 MHz on the bottom. Is there a universal transmitter that would go with this thing or can they be adjusted to the right frequency or not. Harold
Old 11-06-2017, 05:32 PM
welderskelter

Knock, knock.Is anybody out there? Hello. Just wondering if there is any way to control this thing other than a golf club. Please say something. I wont hurt you, I promise. Help.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:02 PM
vinmansbrew

Huh, I thought I did respond to this, yesterday. Basically, there is little out there for 49mhz, it was for toys. Now, you might find a radio, but then you'd need a matching crystal, and even then, the radio and receiver might not work properly together. New electrics would be in order, likely. And those new electrics could be used elsewhere later on.
Maybe let us know what truck you got and we could tell you more.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:36 AM
welderskelter

Like you said it is a toy. I been wanting to learn more about rc stuff so I saw this and spent the 1.50. So dont have a real big investment to throw away. But now at least I am smarter. What I am planning to do is make wheel chair components into rc so I think I need to save up my money. Right? Ha.