Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

what do you think about the slash 4x4 brushed?

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

what do you think about the slash 4x4 brushed?

Old 08-14-2018, 06:39 PM
mark20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you think about the slash 4x4 brushed?

https://traxxas.com/products/models/...sh-4x4-brushed
i think its going to be a great for a beginner. though the titan 12t is one of the WORST brushed motors that i had ever owned, plus its a little overprice since its hyped up right now. what do you guys think?
Old 08-15-2018, 04:21 PM
bill_delong

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I have grown to dislike Traxxas for too many reasons... they are marginally acceptable in terms of durability out of the box and tend to turn into money pits that require too many upgrades and even then are still limited to what can be upgraded while still breaking too frequently. If you drive them very cautiously then you might have limited success.

I would encourage you to consider other brands like ARRMA, Losi, ECX and HoBao... you will get a lot more for your money with any of these brands.

Best of luck in your search!
Old 08-15-2018, 07:02 PM
mark20

Originally Posted by bill_delong View Post
I have grown to dislike Traxxas for too many reasons... they are marginally acceptable in terms of durability out of the box and tend to turn into money pits that require too many upgrades and even then are still limited to what can be upgraded while still breaking too frequently. If you drive them very cautiously then you might have limited success.

I would encourage you to consider other brands like ARRMA, Losi, ECX and HoBao... you will get a lot more for your money with any of these brands.

Best of luck in your search!
i know, i dont plan on buying it any time soon, as i have way to many rc cars anyway. i just want to see peoples opinion.
Old 08-23-2018, 08:34 AM
RCb-87

Default .

Ive fallen out with traxxas too i cant stand the way they do buisness so won't buy anything new from them.

but the slash 4x4 is old and can be maintained on 3rd party parts relatively cheap. My slash 3s 2700kv was a money pit but has never once broken i love it. Lightweight 50mph over the grass.

but the reason i chose it was longevity the slash will be around forever by the look of it. Parts supply will always be one of the easiest rcs to maintain and most customisable rc around.

project chimera that jang did turning a slash 4x4 into any chassis type around. Street to to rock crawler slash 4x4 based.

There is better options for sure but the slash has its lures many rcs just can't match.

The popularity of it means fast replies to questions on the model. Plus used parts deals popping up.

Ecx aren't a competitor we had a ruckus 2wd which is bullt solid its very strong and durable. But the insides are weak.

Ours broke four things in five mins. Spur,pinion,diff and steering. The alloy upgrade steering.

it was fine even with brushless but wouldn't steer no weight over the front. So i added some upgrades weighted the front slightly and installed trenchers. The first minute it had ok steering. Then none. The grippy trenchers are what killed it.

They inc hard hard rubber tires on the ruckus designed to spin away the torque. Adding grip and BL. But now has a killer stampede 4x4.

ill run it from the used market lol. Traxxas wont get a penny extra from me.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:04 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a HoBao 4x4 short course truck I bought from Bill. I love it. Aluminum chassis, not plastic. Better internals. Mod gear pitch to handle mucho power. Aftermarket parts available. Get the roller and add your own electronics.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:14 PM
phmaximus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its funny.... we all complain that traxxas cars needs upgrades to be 1/2 decent, but when we do it with a SCX10 somehow its different.....