Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HELP!!!! BLOWN MOTOR XXXNT

Old 09-27-2003, 12:38 PM
THEDOC329

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!! BLOWN MOTOR XXXNT

I BOUGHT THIS TRUCK NEW A WEEK AGO, THE STOCK AIR FILT. FELL OFF SOME WERE AND I BOUGHT ONE OF THOSE LITTLE POP ON ONES, NEEDLESS TO SAY, ONE SMOKED TOP END LATER IM LOOKING TO YOU GUYS TO GUIDE ME, SHOULD I ATTEMPT TO REBUILD THIS MACH .15 OR JUST SPRING FOR A NEW MOTOR, AND AS FAR AS REPLACEMENT MOTORS I DONT QUITE UNDERSTAND WICH MOTORS WILL FIT RIGHT IN MY XXXNT, WILL A T-MAXXX MOTOR FIT? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2003, 02:26 PM
Rcbros
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: HELP!!!! BLOWN MOTOR XXXNT

I have a stock mach .15 from my xxx-nt you might be able to buy. Other than that I own a Fantom .15 for my losi xxx-nt. I'm in the proccess of installing it now.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:28 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

rebuild it hwile u still can, this happened to me and i didnt bother to mess with it. I had to rebuild and replace because i ignored it.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:33 PM
THEDOC329

well throw me a price on the mach .15 if your willing to sell, and if not, lemme know how the fantom went in and how it gos on thexxxnt thanx!!! chris
Old 09-27-2003, 11:40 PM
rcfoolz

you could rebuild the motor, but what type of drving/racing do you do. But I would look at an OS motor for long term play, or a novarossi or novamega for serious racing. I have a rossi pixi black .12 that has about 1/2 gallon through it that is for offroad. It is rated at 39000rpm and 1.4 hp. If interested, email me
Old 09-28-2003, 01:24 AM
caseyddr

if u have only a half a gallon through it why sell it? you havent even broken it in fully yet.... and it seems when ever somebody wants to sell a car they always say "half a gallon" or "just broken in" tell the truth :-/
Old 09-28-2003, 04:47 AM
rcfoolz

Ok. Less than Half a Gallon. I am a sponsored driver, and I have put less than 2 full quarts through the motor. I used the motor on my rc10gt and we have such a small dirt track that I can't use the power of the motor, so I put an OS CVR in my vehicle and set this motor on the side. I have 2 other brand new Rosi Pixi's in the box's that I use on my NTC3's and another mounted on a car. I also have a few extra Novarossi engines still new in the boxes, that I won't be using, but i am holding on to them. They are side exhaust motors and I might use them on my rc10gt if I go to another track that I don't have enough "top end" To add to the motors I have, I have a JP Racing Modified 5 port turbo, Mugan MT-12, Nova Mega SX-12SE, an OS CV 12, and a Sirio .12 Roar Legal. Oh, buy the way, most of my motors were given to me, but this particular motor I bought to see if there was any difference in high or low end torquer between the on-road and off-road version, and to to race this motor on a touring car would be crazy because it has about twice the low end power that the on road and I have a hard time making the car stick. I even tried to dial it out using the radio, but it is just too sensitive, it is truly on off-road power-plant.

You got it out of me, the reaction you were looking for....what more do you want "caseyddr-RCU"? You see casey, sometimes people like to just be "rude" and try to cause problems for others. I have seen people like you all over the place. that leads me into a rant and I will say this and then I won't have anything more to say, but you will......won't you, because you can't live with yourself without having the last word.

I guess what I am trying to say is that: People like you go around talking about others when they don't know much about them or the "real" story. I see people like you a tracks, most of the time they are not even racers, but they like to try and make themselves look good in front of others. Thats fine, it don't bother me. Bring it to the track. And something else, why do you attack like you did in your post? what possible gain were you looking for? I see that you have posted over 2500 times in just 7 months. lets do some math, 2584 posts in 220 days...Hmmm....thats about 12 posts every day. Thats sounds like you have allot to say, and anybody who knows me, knows I don't stop talking. Yep, thats right, I went there, and I have nothing to gain, only to look like an idiot in front of the world, but somebody has to. So before you go voicing your opinion just stop and think for a second. Are you trying to help someone on this board, or are you trying to gain something for yourself?

I am just tired of reading post from people like you, and I know people don't like reading post like mine either, so that makes me just as bad. So, I'M SORRY to all you readers out there that this takes up space, and to all the other "casey's" out there, don't bother writing back unless you have something positive to say.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:08 PM
caseyddr

obviously your doing something wrong if your goin on the defensive like that, because i never said "YOU" were scamming. All I said was you weren't breaking it in fully to get the potential out of it why so defensive? strike a nerve did i... [:@]
Old 09-28-2003, 01:35 PM
Rcbros

Umm. Shoot me a price on the mach .15 if ya want.
The fantom is givin me some troubles when i installed it.
It doesn't seem to have a slipper clutch so when i pull the pull-start it wants to move but i'm not sure if thats good or bad. But when i get it goin I know it will go fast. Its suppose to be recommended for that car. Plus the compression is amazing.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:39 PM
THEDOC329

well how long did u run the mach .15? how many TRUE gallons thru it, did u race? compressions good? nothings stripped? motor ever been apart? do u have a paypal account?
Old 09-28-2003, 09:10 PM
Rcbros

Umm. Hasn't had more than a galloon in it. Porbaly about 2 or 3 quarts no lie. I need to purchase a pullstart for it but other then that it find. Runs great in very good shape.
Yes i can arrange paypal